Security Installer Community

Wyze server caching issue allowed people to view other cameras.

sixwheeledbeast

That's fine, I must value my security and privacy much higher then...

They have history, the v1 model pre-2022 found to have huge security issues and they ignored the issues then EOL instead of fixing it.

https://www.bitdefender.com/files/News/CaseStudies/study/413/Bitdefender-PR-Whitepaper-WCam-creat5991-en-EN.pdf

and leaking all there customer emails and API data before that...

5 hours ago, james.wilson said:

I wonder how long it will be till these exploits are used to break in to places because ilthe cctv will show what time people leave and that the place is empty etc

Hackers would probably target people with £ rather tan gash cctv ?

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

5 hours ago, james.wilson said:

I wonder how long it will be till these exploits are used to break in to places because ilthe cctv will show what time people leave and that the place is empty etc

I think with ring , if you can hack the cameras same app is there security system 

20 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

That's fine, I must value my security and privacy much higher then...

They have history, the v1 model pre-2022 found to have huge security issues and they ignored the issues then EOL instead of fixing it.

https://www.bitdefender.com/files/News/CaseStudies/study/413/Bitdefender-PR-Whitepaper-WCam-creat5991-en-EN.pdf

and leaking all there customer emails and API data before that...

I'm sure we all value it, just to differing levels maybe. I've always been lapse tbf. The two wyze cams are in an empty property atm on a mifi thing, accounts are set up with unique email addresses though. 

My brother in law by contrast is fanatical about security, to the point I think he's lost the plot a bit, he's got 12 (iirc) cameras on his self build where 5-6 would have sufficed (Hik though) and ~16 zones on the alarm. He keeps all his passwords in a book and won't do Internet banking and has stickers over his laptop camera lol. 

Banking aside I don't over think security and I'm pretty pragmatic with most things. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Keeps all passwords in a book, won't do internet banking but has CCTV... Daily Mail reader?

It's understanding what the risks are, some are lower priority than others to a lot of people.

I don't trust anything with my data and if some data is required I consider what would happen if it was mishandled.

Happy to not use whatever it is if there is no trust, for work I use the same standards, wouldn't fit anything for a customer I wouldn't use myself.

There is a big difference between knowing you like wearing M&S dressing gowns and identify theft, but either could be possible depending on what data is collected over time.