Security Installer Community

Automatic garden and hanging basket watering system

I can't say I'd use plastic inside for any plumbing all I've done on the kitchen etc has been copper and solder. But i can see why it's used on modern builds its very quick and easy compared to tube. I see push fit installed with joints in walls etc but I wouldnt

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Most garden taps will have them built in, even the cheapest B+Q tat I guess?

On a campsite where I look after a fire alarm they've gone one step further and now they not only need

the check valve but a device mounted on the tap to make sure any hoses left connected drain themselves.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

This subject has got me thinking, I have one of those big square plastic tanks installed under the decking in the garden, its filled from rain water off the roof of the garage. We use it for watering the plants at the bottom of the garden using a hose and gravity. 

The problem is its quite a long way and the pressure is quite low, also the tank fills very quickly over the winter and I could do with filling some more water butts at the bottom of the garden by the greenhouse, I was thinking I could use a submersible pump like they use  in caravan showers and stuff and switch it on and off via a sonoff relay. and another one that turns on when the tank is full to fill the two butts at the bottom of the garden .