Security Installer Community

Hikvision Camera Models & Synology

EViS

12 hours ago, al-yeti said:

what size hard disk you going to put in?

Basic calculations are for 1no 6TB Purple drive encoding in h265 which should provide me with 20 days of stored video. However, I have yet to research what the optimum framerate should be. I've seen 15fps mentioned a couple of times, however that does seem very low to me. Could you offer some insight, al-yeti?

14 hours ago, PeterJames said:

I cant really comment on Hik stuff I am not familiar with their products. All manufacturers have their own protocols and way of doing things, I havent heard anything bad about Hik for a while so they are most likely okay. As I said earlier  though just be sure you are buying from a Hik UK registered dealer other wise you may end up with Hik stuff with non uk firmware or worse fake Hik.  

Seeing as you're more familiar with Dahua, is there a large difference in the AI capabilities between their products?

Already have an account with ADI who are a registered dealer. But have opened a couple of other accounts with other online UK approved distributors for some price-sensing ?. Although, is there a supplier you could recommend in particular (happy for you to PM if you prefer).

Really? That is interesting ADI are going to love you posting that on here, Hik do not like their distributors selling their stuff to JP, and distributors have got into trouble over it in the past . 

I only know Dahua products, I have never really bothered with Hik for varying reasons. I couldnt give you a comparison other than the fact that they both have similar versions of the same stuff. What I can tell you is Hik are part owned by the Chinese Government, and Dahua are not, yet guess whose face recognition cameras are in all the tube and train stations in Shenzhen  

21 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Really? That is interesting ADI are going to love you posting that on here, Hik do not like their distributors selling their stuff to JP, and distributors have got into trouble over it in the past .

Everyone knows they do, may as well post it then pretend its not happening

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

23 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I only know Dahua products, I have never really bothered with Hik for varying reasons. I couldnt give you a comparison other than the fact that they both have similar versions of the same stuff. What I can tell you is Hik are part owned by the Chinese Government, and Dahua are not, yet guess whose face recognition cameras are in all the tube and train stations in Shenzhen  

We source much of our AV and lighting installation kit from ADI ?. In terms of official Hik distributors, it's fairly obvious just from reading application forms that anyone can register an account ?.

The security aspect of Hik is a concern, but once installed behind a VPN, I won't lose any sleep at night.

Most trade counters will deal with anyone.

Scantronic was / is really expensive in Scandinavia, I've stood behind a Norwegian bloke who was buying stuff to take home.. told he did it on every trip to the UK

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

1 minute ago, MrHappy said:

Most trade counters will deal with anyone.

Scantronic was / is really expensive in Scandinavia, I've stood behind a Norwegian bloke who was buying stuff to take home.. told he did it on every trip to the UK

We all know that, but if I was to phone as me and ask them direct they would deny it