Security Installer Community

Keighley

Keighley

11 hours ago, Keighley said:

Thank you MrHappy and sixwheeledbeast I will be ordering a battery tomorrow before I do any more to the alarm

again thank you all

Only 101 days to Christmas!!! :mfr_omg:

Avoid the 'chanfa' brand and similar on ebay.

If you have a toolstation near you they keep approx one or two Yucell 7ah on the shelf at any one time.

Yuasa or Genesis are good (and there are other decent ones) but if you want it quicky toolstation is handy...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

ordered a Yuasa 7amp off amazon £15 in delivery

Just finished fitting all new PIRs and programing so now got 8 door contacts and 5 PIRs, thank you all probably  saved me a fortune

by the way I removed the battery which was very hot opened it up and persevered and toped all the cells up, refit tops and glued now battery holding charge and staying cool so will prob have a spare battery when new one comes.

another thing I did was drill a small hole in the side of the panel and extend the battery leads so I could monitor the battery with the panel lid back in place, so looks like everything is ok now (I will put the battery back inside when I'm satisfied all is 100% )

Thank you all for being assistance and may all your problems be small ones :banghead: 

11 minutes ago, Keighley said:

by the way I removed the battery which was very hot opened it up and persevered and toped all the cells up, refit tops and glued now battery holding charge and staying cool so will prob have a spare battery when new one comes.

If you take one other piece of advice, please, bin the old battery and fit the new one!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

yes you have to put small amounts in and just tap lightly the internal mat to get all the air out (use a cotton bud with the cotton removed and to put water in use a striped down pen, thumb over end then release water

I was brought up in the era when you repaired everything hitit 

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Alarm batteries are lead acid gel batteries,

I'm impressed if you've manged to top one up with water.... 

Judging by the small holes etc he's read one of your gashing posts 

Although I wonder how long it will be before that battery catches fire , lead acid battery in an alarm panel???? Or drilled into a gel one , hardcore

• Upvote 1