Security Installer Community

Keighley

Keighley

I think I posted this in the wrong place so apologies if I have

Hi all I am a retired Hydraulic engineer (70) I have come to your site to try and get my veritas R8 alarm working so I hope you are patient with me as I am new to this sort of site I have the engineers code and the uses code I also have both manuals

the problem I have is I have no PIR throughout the bungalow for some reason. apart from that the alarm works as it is suppose to

when I put a pir in the hall it works ok in full set and then when I try to have it on a part set it sets ok but when I do a walk test it triggers the alarm not straight away but as if it was a delayed entry, the bleeps are two different types before the alarm goes off

I have followed the (engineers programming the part set suites) and the user (To omit zone during setting)

I must be doing something wrong I hope someone can help.

thank you  

Please don't double post, mods can always move your post if necessary.

Re your question you need to setup which sensors are entry/exit, access and guard for your part arms. This must not be programmed correctly.

The hall sensor must be programmed as entry/exit for part set, this would be normal for a Hall PIR so I assume you have a keypad in an alternate location.

yes the keypad is in the hall as well not far from the pir

I have set the pir in the hall to entry/exit (engineer code - 2 -1

when setting part key(????) then (part) all goes well - all lights lit except 2 which is the hall pir,  panel bleeps as usual then all light go out but when you do a walk test the alarm starts to arm first there is about 13 bleeps then another type of bleep which there are about 10 then the alarm goes off leaving number 2 lit as the trigger

The quick beeps indicating fault can only be 1-10.

Is the tamper light on?

is the end station closed?

was the system working before you connected your pir?

have you tried putting it back to before you connected the sensor?

Linking the tampers would prove the panel but I doubt it's the panel at fault/.

tamper light is off

is the end station closed - don't know what that means? do you mean the exit if so yes the exit is closed

yes all ok but no PIRs fitted in the system just door contacts, the system with the PIR works perfect in full mode its I just cannot disarm the hall PIR in part so we can arm and go to bed.

the system works as it should with no PIRs fitted but obviously I cannot use it in part arm mode??

would a wrong PIR cause this, they are standard ones with normally closed (they were cheep ones )

thank you for trying to help

once armed all lights are off as they should?

Tamper light is off so no tamper.

End station - is the lid on the panel correctly and holding spring in? Probably not issue if no tamper light on.

Wired PIR's are pretty standard.

All lights go out when armed.

So what exactly do you want your PIR to function like in Full and Part modes?

I would imagine a normal setup would be Hall PIR on Zone 2, Full is Access and Part is Entry, which is what it seems to be.

However, I believe you want Full is Access and Part is Off, correct?

I want to full arm (all door contacts and all pir with zone 1 as exit door which is in the hall

I want to part arm when I'm in and going to bed so all door contacts and all pirs except pir 2 zone which is the hall 

I have done some observing the panel lights when arming the following happens

at the moment there are no pirs in the system only door contacts

when arming now all I do is arm full because there is no pirs to cause an alarm (when I arm in full mode only light on is the unset light , the system bleeps then goes into arm and all lights go out )

if I arm it in part mode (still no pirs in system the wires are joined IE Green and White : Blue and Yellow : Red and Black wires are isolated from each other

when armed in part all red lights flash and green unarmed light is on, it goes into arm mode and all lights go out and the system is armed (only door contacts)

when I put a PIR in number 2 and omit 2 in part arm with engineers code (the hall wiring PIR is Red to 12v+ black to 12v-  Blue + yellow to relay  white + Green to tamper then part arm the alarm all red lights flash except 2 which is not lit, the unset light  is on, then the system click away then all lights go out and the system is armed but when I do a walk test on number 2 PIR in the hall which should be exempt it triggers the alarm

I hope you can make sense of this

again thank you for your patience