Security Installer Community

Keighley

Keighley

You was 100 % right I was programing it the wrong way round all seems to work correct now just another 4 PIRs to go

the only thing I have noticed is that the control box gets rather warm, I don't know if it was like this before I started on it, because it is in a cupboard and I have not felt at it before.

I did leave the system in engineers mode over night and removed the panel front, then pulled the battery out as far as the wires would allow to see if it cooled over night but it was still quite warm the next day I.E. the battery and the panel, The Battery was replaced in 19/12/02 with a 7amp

could you give me your thoughts on. this please.

One other thing is there is a vocaliser still wired up to the alarm panel but not connected to any telephone line I will not be using this so could I just remove the wires that connect both units and then remove the vocaliser?

again thank you for your assistance as I would have been scratching my head for days.

Hi again sixwheeledbeast

I am nearly sure it is not over loaded because there is only 6 door contacts and one PIR in the system?

I would say the battery gets too hot because it is at the opposite end to the transformer and it did not cool much over night  outside of the control box.

will I have to remove the battery to test it and will the alarm hold its settings with the battery removed??

thank you.

36 minutes ago, Keighley said:

The Battery was replaced in 19/12/02 with a 7amp could you give me your thoughts on. this please.

I'd sold you a nice new in 2007, again in 2012 & guess what you'd be buying on or before dec 2017....

A nice new standby battery ;)

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God