Security Installer Community

Small Bridal Shop Alarm and CCTV DIY Options?

29 minutes ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

The local ssaib installer will install a visonic system with two wireless pirs, one door sensor, two fobs, text messaging service, and relevant certificates for £399 + VAT and £36 for the insurance certificate. 

I am waiting for the insurance to advise if they do need to have it monitored, if so there is an additional cost. 

His CCTV price was two cameras HD, a 19" monitor, 1tb hard drive for £700

Sounds cheap get three quotes, buy cheap buy twice

1 hour ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

The local ssaib installer will install a visonic system with two wireless pirs, one door sensor, two fobs, text messaging service, and relevant certificates for £399 + VAT and £36 for the insurance certificate. 

I am waiting for the insurance to advise if they do need to have it monitored, if so there is an additional cost. 

His CCTV price was two cameras HD, a 19" monitor, 1tb hard drive for £700

This is cheap! Cctv on app? Any specs for the Cctv?

And what model visonic?

Its one-way wireless system, which means that the detectors have no idea wether the panel is armed or disarmed. Early one-way wireless systems used to transmit every time it saw a movement, but the batteries didnt last very long. So to save battery power the detector shuts down for a period of time every time it sees a movement, this leaves your property vulnerable just after its armed. One-way also has many other vulnerabilities. But as a wedding dress shop you are hardly likely to get attacked by a professional cat burglar, (or are you? those dresses can be thousands!) its all about the risk at the end of the day.

If your insurance insists on monitored, I would air on the side of caution and choose a two way wireless system or better still hard-wired.

as its one way I'd avoid, there are many pages of it here.

one way has many issues the biggest to me is when it detects it sends a burst of signals on the assumption one gets through. If not tough. Bit like firing a few paper planes of when needed. One will arrive most of the time.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Intruder Alarm

·         1x Visonic Powermax Alarm System (Panel with built in Key Pad, Sounder & Dialler)

·         1x Wireless Door Contact

·         2x Wireless PIR Sensors

·         1x Wireless External Bell Box

·         2x Remote Key Fobs

·         1x SSAIB Certificate

Total Cost £380.00 plus VAT – fully installed with a 12 month warranty

CCTV

·         1x 19” Security Monitor

·         1x Dahua 1TB 1080P HD DVR with USB Back Up & Networked for Remote Viewing

·         2x 2MP 1080P HD Dome Camera with Night Vision

·         1x Power Supply

·         CCTV Warning Signage

Total Cost £735.00 plus VAT

So the concensus is to avoid the alarm? How about the cctv? Seems pricey to me anyway... 

Alarm - despite being wireless, too cheap to be installed with any care IMHO as well as being naff.

CCTV - Spec OK as a basics but too cheap to be installed with any care

Genuine question - how much do you charge per hour for alterations etc... & what is the cheapest and dearest dress you intend to sell?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

40 minutes ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

Intruder Alarm

·         1x Visonic Powermax Alarm System (Panel with built in Key Pad, Sounder & Dialler)

·         1x Wireless Door Contact

·         2x Wireless PIR Sensors

·         1x Wireless External Bell Box

·         2x Remote Key Fobs

·         1x SSAIB Certificate

Total Cost £380.00 plus VAT – fully installed with a 12 month warranty

CCTV

·         1x 19” Security Monitor

·         1x Dahua 1TB 1080P HD DVR with USB Back Up & Networked for Remote Viewing

·         2x 2MP 1080P HD Dome Camera with Night Vision

·         1x Power Supply

·         CCTV Warning Signage

Total Cost £735.00 plus VAT

So the concensus is to avoid the alarm? How about the cctv? Seems pricey to me anyway... 

2mp cameras are dahua aswell?

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Alarm - despite being wireless, too cheap to be installed with any care IMHO as well as being naff.

CCTV - Spec OK as a basics but too cheap to be installed with any care

Genuine question - how much do you charge per hour for alterations etc... & what is the cheapest and dearest dress you intend to sell?

QFA Dahua is good, but price is to cheap, subtract the price of the kit and there is no profit and a very small labour charge, pay peanuts get monkeys.