Security Installer Community

Small Bridal Shop Alarm and CCTV DIY Options?

The mrs will be subbing out the alterations, I think it is around £75

Dresses range from £1000 to £1800 at present (opening in September) 

I'm not sure why you lot are deeming the price so cheap? The visonic powermax can be picked up for £210 on eBay, he no doubt gets them cheaper than this  so he's pretty much charging around £250 for labour.

It's never a days work to fit one of these kits, half a day surely for a pro which is his day to day job. So £250 for half a days work is quite high I think regardless of overheads etc. 

If the kit is rubbish then I can ask him to quote for a wired system? Any recommendation? 

As for the cctv be even told me where to buy it from to fit if I chose to diy it but he said I'll never be able to get his price due to the volume he buys at. 

As an aside, the property is in first fix stage so I'd imagine it's a lot easier for him also. I reckon a days labour tops to install alarm and CCTV. 

What am I missing? 

Intruder Alarm

·         1x Visonic Powermax Alarm System (Panel with built in Key Pad, Sounder & Dialler)

·         1x Wireless Door Contact

·         2x Wireless PIR Sensors

·         1x Wireless External Bell Box

·         2x Remote Key Fobs

·         1x SSAIB Certificate

Total Cost £380.00 plus VAT – fully installed with a 12 month warranty

CCTV

·         1x 19” Security Monitor

·         1x Dahua 1TB 1080P HD DVR with USB Back Up & Networked for Remote Viewing

·         2x 2MP 1080P HD Dome Camera with Night Vision

·         1x Power Supply

·         CCTV Warning Signage

Total Cost £735.00 plus VAT

- £1800

What are you missing..... That bit comes when you diy it , ask the local installers for more quotes now that you have an idea

£250 is high?

Tell that to your Gp, dentist , solicitor and that there £350 a day is high to, but then they are paid to do a particular service 

Sorry just an observation 

6 minutes ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

I'm not sure why you lot are deeming the price so cheap? The visonic powermax can be picked up for £210 on eBay,

Not that I buy 'em, a trade discount of 19.5% on the leading security wholesalers web portal still leaves ebay £21.60 cheaper....

I'd assume the equipment the installer has spec'd is a reflection on what he's thinks you'll spend, eg there's no way you'd pay for webway ;)

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I'm not saying £250 is high or not justified, I'm just saying considering the kit is only £200 that leaves £250 labour to cover half a days work. 

Just because the price is low (I deem it as fair) doesn't mean it reflects the quality of the install. There's not much to quality wise that can be different to fitting such a basic kit particularly if the company is ssaib registered and has to comply with the standards... 

So how do you know he doesn't buy them from eBay? Or direct from the manufacturer etc? Even at £25 an hour it's no more than £200 if it took a whole 8hrs! Which it won't... 

Wire from fused spur to alarm panel, wire from panel to sounder, phone connection, position 2 wireless sensors, fit the door sensor, an hour to set it up. 

There is no more than half a days work there. I've even seen people quoting in this forum half a day to install basic kits, leaving the other half for callbacks, alterations etc etc 

But the Gp only sees you for 10mins , I think they are way overpaid 

he's ssaib , and nsi go out there way to get registered and make sure they install to a standard (so do non insurance approved installers) 

But it's the only we you will get that £2500 if you get done over 

I think you should give him £350 labour 

2 minutes ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

Wire from fused spur to alarm panel, wire from panel to sounder, phone connection, position 2 wireless sensors, fit the door sensor, an hour to set it up. 

There is no more than half a days work there. I've even seen people quoting in this forum half a day to install basic kits, leaving the other half for callbacks, alterations etc etc 

So diy it

And don't worry about the £2500 you might not get

• Upvote 1