Security Installer Community

Small Bridal Shop Alarm and CCTV DIY Options?

28 minutes ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

I'm not saying £250 is high or not justified, I'm just saying considering the kit is only £200 that leaves £250

Minus insurance

Minus SSAIB

Minus transport

Minus time taken to visit you and quote

Minus time to do paperwork afterwards

Minus wages for other staff (perhaps)

Minus product training etc... attended at own expense

And if its done in 4 hours it really will be chucked in.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Most reputable companies would not be buying their equipment from Ebay. As an installer anything we supply and install is provided with a warranty, if it goes wrong we have to come back and replace the bits that fail, which is expensive. Therefore it is very risky buying stuff from an unknown source like Ebay. You could be buying refurbished, or repaired, or returned equipment.  

I had a customer that used to supply their own batteries every year for a wireless system that we maintained, because they were £1.50 cheaper  on ebay than the ones we supplied.  That was until they started giving him low battery faults the day before he was due to go on holiday, less than six months after we had replaced them for him. He ended up paying far more, a call-out fee and our batteries at £1.50 ea more (buy cheap buy twice). Our batteries are well within their shelf life from a reputable supplier and warranted by us, not fake copies or old stock. Sometimes buying stuff on ebay can save cash, but I would not buy stuff that I needed to rely on from Ebay .

I know all that, we do it in my line of work... Council maintenance 

Our hourly rate for electricians is £35.75

Even if you used that rate of £35.75 that gives it as no more than 7hrs of labour assuming £250 labour 

What's the issue here? It must be pretty hard for a ssaib registered alarm company to mess up such a basic alarm system in an empty premises...  I think his labour seems fine. 

Certainly not for us, our hourly rate for tradesman is calculated each year. 

For our public buildings ie schools, community centres etc we charge £35.75 an hour labour and materials +10%

And our department makes money at those rates. 

Cash in hand jobs outside of work, most sparks charge £15-25 an hour in my area. 

The DVR & Cameras are Dahua, Monitor brand may vary depending on what the suppliers have in stock.

Wired Alarm Option

·         1x Castle Euro 46sm Panel with built in text alert facility

·         1x Door Contact

·         2x Pyronix PIR’s

·         1x Panel Battery

·         1x Pyronix Delta Bell Plus External Bell Box (Illuminated)

·         2x Prox Tags

·         1x SSAIB Certificate

Cost £535.00 plus VAT

Optional speech dialer (if you want the alarm to ring not text) additional £ 125.00 plus VAT

Monitoring Options

URN Cost £43.49 plus VAT (one off cost to South Wales Police

Digi Monitoring (Phoneline only) £150.00 plus VAT per annum and includes 1 Service Visit

Or

Dual Com Monitoring (Phoneline & GSM) £300.00 plus VAT per annum and includes 2 Service Visits