Security Installer Community

Starting Up

Just do a bit of plumbing on the side until business builds up

lol i agree the customers I've been getting are what people describe as the above but at least its a nice steady stream of work for now and I'm getting my name about. Also with the more respect for higher prices thats exactly what my dad reckoned. Anyways i think ill leave the push fit plumbing to al yeti for now...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone thought of or gone down the road of renting systems and fixed term contracts.....I know it's ADT (sorry for swearing) route. But people like a free install and monthly pay. Don't know how much is involved with setting up credit agreement, advice welcome

Anyone thought of or gone down the road of renting systems and fixed term contracts.....I know it's ADT (sorry for swearing) route. But people like a free install and monthly pay. Don't know how much is involved with setting up credit agreement, advice welcome

I was once told

"He's onto something"

" you have allot of money?"

ADT isnt swearing, and they dont have the monopoly on rental lease purchase agreements, its how most people buy their mobile phones so why should they not buy security that way?

The only problem with renting systems to end users on a fixed term contract is the initial capital outlay for the original install cost  is not high enough to apeal to  factoring company [hp'] , to small a return  on an unsecured loan.

Even if you roll the yearly charges in

The national companies  all capilalise the equipment over the contract period  3 to 7 years [most of which they actualy  manufacture] think back even bt could not make this model profitable.[telecom security] 

Remember all the old company names  that no longer trade or have been taken over Worked for multi national that bought many alarm companies because the yearly income looked so good on paper they sold out in the end

Think about visiting the bank  the manager rolling on the floor with tears rolling down his cheeks saying you want to borrow how much the monthly repayments are x and your profit is only  y

It  is ok to put the yearly monitering and maint charge  on  direct debit but your contract needs to be cast iron this model works for most small to medium companies and charge for the install

• 4 weeks later...