Security Installer Community

Alarms On Plugs

probably, I dont understand your point.

your getting a carpenter to fit brake pads now I am confused.

so you car still will start, and move but it might not stop in times, fitting the wrong brake pads by someone who doesn't know what they are doing could be dangerous as you think you car has the correct capability to stop.

I still don't see your point when referring to alarms and the original post.

May be I am blonde.

unswitched socket, plugged in g2 is ok, g3 needs tool to remove power

question, how does your car work in this regard. same key that opens it allows you to move it?

Yep and everyone has their car key on their keyring that has the house keys and the alarm fob on. So the thieving twats get a vehicle thrown in to remove their ill gotten gains!!!

• 2 months later...

The worst is if they nick your keys, find your car's gps and set it to home.

I think fobs are ok though as generally people are so used to using a car fob and if it makes the user set the alarm more often or makes a sale to an otherwise code hating person then its better than having no alarm. If you think about it a car fob is a lot more risk involved as the car can be driven away immediately never to be seen again. A house on the other hand cannot be hidden and does not have a beep to say here i am unless there is knowledge of where the house is. Deleting a would be stolen fob from a visonic panel is something i need to learn how to do...will learn it tomorrow.

unswitched socket, plugged in g2 is ok, g3 needs tool to remove power

question, how does your car work in this regard. same key that opens it allows you to move it?

took over a aunt daisy system september ish, commercial, plugged into standard switched twin socket below.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

From what i can make of this thread as long as you are competent you can fit a (unswitched) fuse spur only off of an existing loop i.e. a double or single socket somewhere (not kitchen or bathroom) as long as you follow the regulations.

The firm i used to work for all the install guys would fit fuse spurs and none were sparks. As long as you are competent and have knowledge of the regs and dont wire straight into a consumer unit.

Let me know if I'm wrong as it seems to be controversial what with all the sparks getting jealous  :roflmao:  

From what i can make of this thread as long as you are competent you can fit a (unswitched) fuse spur only off of an existing loop i.e. a double or single socket somewhere (not kitchen or bathroom) as long as you follow the regulations.

The firm i used to work for all the install guys would fit fuse spurs and none were sparks. As long as you are competent and have knowledge of the regs and dont wire straight into a consumer unit.

Let me know if I'm wrong as it seems to be controversial what with all the sparks getting jealous  :roflmao:  

Kitchens have not been included in Part P since April last year.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands