Security Installer Community

Chinese Wifi Inspection Camera

For that odd cable run that you're so close but you just can't hook it.. Anybody tried one of these?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271949223669&globalID=EBAY-GB

Probably wouldn't use it too much but can see how it would help.

We have a Milwaukee one but the picture quality is awful and it's about 18mm thick so it never really got used. This is only 8.5mm...

No idea, but had one stuffed up my nose earlier this year and that was only 5mm ish in diameter so there is better stuff out there, although lens would need to be different for our job.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I have have one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6PCS-LED-Waterproof-5-5mm-10M-USB-Endoscope-Borescope-Tube-Inspection-Camera-/271956286475?hash=item3f51db9c0b

The 90Deg, mirror is not much good, but the camera is not half bad for 8 quid.

Its helped no end with dropping cables behind plaster board, looking in stud walls,looking under floor boards and fitting Flush Door contacts.

Often, a 20mm hole in the floor or wall is sufficient to do keyhole cable routing.

It would be nice to be able to steer the end, but you can kind of do this by rotating the cable.

But for 8 quid, you can not expect too much. (Assuming you carry a laptop to use it on.)

I am never without it. 

BTW: I always try and hide the cables to RKP, Front Door and Speaker on Domestic Installations. But it does take time. What do others do?

Hello QSXS, At eight quid it certainly is worth a try, there are a lot of old fashioned methods I still use for those very purposes though...still not complaining for eight quid. You are quite right, the cables should be hidden but there are also ways to make it virtually invisible if neccessary. I won't bother you with the details though. There is no magic in running cable, a diyer could do it as well, and sometimes better, than those in the trade. Take Care.