Security Installer Community

Two Way ? Prove It.

charlie6

You had irrefutable proof in post 4. You walk around the house on a 2 way system, leds on DETECTORS do not light up as you walk round, then put the panel in walk test and walk round and leds on DETECTORS light up now. If this is not clear proof the panel is signalling back to the detectors to activate them then i can only assume whoever is asking the question over and over again is somewhere on the autistic spectrum.

Only if it's two way

Make? Model?

Member+++, if you tell us the controls you are talking about we can be more specific.

What system are you referring to as not all wireless systems are 2-way.

OP why are you being evasive?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

"....all this stuff here in the forums is just chit chat and opinions?..."  So no irrefutable proof then.

"....You do realise professional advice is paid for..."  But you just said it's chit chat and opinions.

"...OP why are you being evasive?..." I can't for the life of me think of one reason for being evasive, nor can I point to any post where I am being deliberately evasive, Why would I do so, I have stated the views of a lecturer in electronics and look to yourself and fellow professionals for concrete evidence to the contrary, I have no intention of starting a war here, if no one can offer irrefutable proof then we'll drop the subject... but check out some of the evasive and sometimes personal replies Norman, viz;

"....i can only assume whoever is asking the question over and over again is somewhere on the autistic spectrum..."

I could never lower myself to speak to anyone on this forum like that.

Don't worry stick around long enough & you will soon pick up the habit ;)

"two way" define what you & your "electronic's boffin" expects under the term, along with why an "XYZ" falls short

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

"....all this stuff here in the forums is just chit chat and opinions?..." So no irrefutable proof then.

"....You do realise professional advice is paid for..." But you just said it's chit chat and opinions.

"...OP why are you being evasive?..." I can't for the life of me think of one reason for being evasive, nor can I point to any post where I am being deliberately evasive, Why would I do so, I have stated the views of a lecturer in electronics and look to yourself and fellow professionals for concrete evidence to the contrary, I have no intention of starting a war here, if no one can offer irrefutable proof then we'll drop the subject... but check out some of the evasive and sometimes personal replies Norman, viz;

"....i can only assume whoever is asking the question over and over again is somewhere on the autistic spectrum..."

What you mean "irrefutable proof then."?

You want a circuit diagram and explanation of how it works? Whoever asking is talking rubbish , what's irrefutable ? And about any device and what it does? Unless we say all manufacturers are basically talk rubbish?

Electronic s boffin should think about it himself as he would know how and what circuits do to component level,

What's his qualifications please?

No that was another mate

Oh, Dave, yeah I know Dave.

Hard to believe I know, but one day you'll just wake up and it will have happened.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Charlie6, you have been asked on three separate occasions to be specific about a particular, specific product so we can answer in full and with more technical gusto.

You have not come forward with any information, nor any reason why it's not forthcoming. By definition that's being evasive, nothing derogatory towards your good self, just stating a fact. 

So, with the above in mind I'll ask one more time....what product/panel are you referring to?

Edited by norman

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Mr Happy "..."two way" define what you & your "electronic's boffin" expects under the term,""

Thanks for the reply. First and foremost, it might be advantageous to remove the 'you' from your reply since the 'you' refers to myself. For my own part I did not define 'two way' in the original post (although it was used as a heading)..the lecturer did indeed refer to 'two way' and goes further to expect absolutely nothing 'under the term' since he maintains that 'two way' does not exist with regard to the control panel and transmitting device.