Security Installer Community

Two Way ? Prove It.

charlie6

But detector needs to receive message from panel to turn on LED's so receives from panel and then sends to panel 2-way.

Don't you meant detector opens relay and lights led in panel ,

Question was prove its 2way, one way panel led lights in walk test , so I dint get it

You lot to old for this lol

But detector needs to receive message from panel to turn on LED's so receives from panel and then sends to panel 2-way.

I'm referring to the Texecom ones here, as Pyronix ones are on all the time.

Unfortunately, good answers worth thinking about, but nothing categoric.

? Texecom and Pyronix (& prob Honeywell) are two way as the panel requests information from the detectors (signal, battery info) and then sends it back when you or I request at any time. If it was 1-way then you/I would have to wait until it polls the information.

I'm referring to the Texecom ones here, as Pyronix ones are on all the time.

? Texecom and Pyronix (& prob Honeywell) are two way as the panel requests information from the detectors (signal, battery info) and then sends it back when you or I request at any time. If it was 1-way then you/I would have to wait until it polls the information.

If it was one way, what you means , "polls the info" one way means there is no info in some cases???

On most panels I know, why do the leds only light up in walk test? This alone is proof that the detectors have received an instruction from the panel.

Yes talking about two way panels, one way panels don't do this

Exactly,and I assume SiWay (Siemens / Vanderbilt) - only ever bought two devices for an SPC as a demo.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

2-way- (Teacher calls register and pupil responds)

1-way- (Teacher says nothing and would have to wait until pupil says they are present)

close imo

2 way device sends signal and listens to see if the signal has been acknowledged by the correct panel, if not sends another until acklowledged

1 way device sends signal, assumes its recieved and accepted and shuts down

Like shouting for your kids to check thay are ok while on holiday near a pool having a meal.

2 way you shout and expect an 'im fine' if you get one great back to the starter, no response you try again etc

1 way you shout and assume that all is ok with or without a response and get back to your starter.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

close imo

2 way device sends signal and listens to see if the signal has been acknowledged by the correct panel, if not sends another until acklowledged

1 way device sends signal, assumes its recieved and accepted and shuts down

Like shouting for your kids to check thay are ok while on holiday near a pool having a meal.

2 way you shout and expect an 'im fine' if you get one great back to the starter, no response you try again etc

1 way you shout and assume that all is ok with or without a response and get back to your starter.

bad parenting advice there jimmy,for any new parents reading never ever leave kids unattended in a pool for a second... :no: