Security Installer Community

Two Way ? Prove It.

charlie6

Al-Yeti "...Whoever asking is talking rubbish.."

Thanks for the reply, in response to your question ... I am asking.. I am asking a perfectly legitimate question in my original post.

Hi Mr Happy, your quite right I do have an uncle called Arfur.

"...Electronic s boffin should think about it himself as he would know how and what circuits do to component level.."

Thanks again for your reply Al-Yeti, What you have unknowingly achieved here is complete agreement with the 'electronics boffin' as you refer to him, since he has made the statement based on 'what circuits do to component level' as you put it. This is obvious from my original post.

Just googled this

http://www.sourcesecurity.com/new-products/listing/1/product-profile/intruder-alarms/control-panels-systems-and-accessories.1/control-panels-systems-and-accessories/dsc-pc9155-intruder-alarm-system-control-panel.html

It shows clearly that there are in existence two way and one way devices. Using a little in between line thinking Why would the advert distinguish between the two types if both did not exist and if only one way existed do you not think they would be in trouble from the advertising regulators?

I am old fashioned and avoid all the radio/wireless stuff like the plague although I do have experience in the difference between the ones that work and the ones that work occasionally. The problem I find with radio stuff is that they are only as good as their batteries in as much as if a detector has a failing battery the only solution is to change the battery.

It could be that the boffin is unaware of devices that talk to each other and depending on the system talk to the control panel too. Interestingly those detectors that send back signal levels to the control panels including the lower level that is indicated by low battery rather than where the hell has the device gone? responce tbc..

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Al-Yeti "...Whoever asking is talking rubbish.."

Thanks for the reply, in response to your question ... I am asking.. I am asking a perfectly legitimate question in my original post.

Hi Mr Happy, your quite right I do have an uncle called Arfur.

You said your lecturer was asking, now you changed the story again.....

Hello Alyeti, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you... I never ever change my story...No story change insofar that neither myself nor the lecturer were 'asking'. For my own part in posting I was 'Requesting', for the lecturer's part he was 'Stating'.