Security Installer Community

Two Way ? Prove It.

charlie6

• 1 month later...

did we actually get an answer to the question as i read the thread and thought it was sort of getting answered before it broke down into the usual tripe.

some of the explanations about two way I thought was good.

however is it not possible to have two one way coms, rather than it be 2way conversation.

ie panel say turn on walk test, detectors leds is turned on when activated (if the detector receives command to turn it on from the panel)

whilst in walk test mode, the detector is activated led comes on and it sends out the signal the panel sees the activation and records it.

Both those actions do not require necessarily the device to have a conversation and acknowledge each other.

However say if I sent a message to a detector from the panel turn on your led when activated  I want to do a walk test,

Detector replies okay mate ready to be tested the panel can do the walk test. (two way conversation?)

If the detector doesn't respond  to say its ready to be tested, then the panel should say oh f'@k we have a problem with device X its not replied sayings its ready? (two conversation failed?)

Am I over thinking this?

most systems work on polls like comms.

They poll every so often in to check. Then they get the command to turn on leds etc.

Transmit alarms when armed instantly, transmit when disarmed as part of poll

ie the HKC polls every 20 secs, you can push it longer for battery or shorter etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

OP was wanting to know if a system that if it says it is 2 way it is actually is two way, I thought it was a clear question?

okay so it didn't say is Risco, Pyronix, HKC, Texecom, etc etc etc is one way or two way prove it for each manufacturer or what each manufacturers interpretation of 2 way is.

Is it defined anywhere that anyone claiming that it is a two way system, it has to meet a set criteria? (might be a better question may be?)