Security Installer Community

Two Way ? Prove It.

charlie6

charlie, cmon mate there has been loads of posts showing that 2 way systems can communicate in both directions.

Either answer the question on gear asked about or ill close the thread cos its going nowhere

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

How are you Vince ? Thanks for the information, it is very interesting and well laid out. Thankyou for that.

Unfortunately I am unable to accept as proof positive your comment "...It shows clearly that there are in existence two way and one way devices..." although the advert would suggest otherwise. One further point...the original post is clear insofar that the 'boffin' as he is referred to is obviously aware of the controversy and not "...It could be that the boffin is unaware of devices that talk to each other and depending on the system talk to the control panel too..." else, it would not have been worth his while deliberating on the subject.

"....charlie, cmon mate there has been loads of posts showing that 2 way systems can communicate in both directions. Either answer the question on gear asked about or ill close the thread cos its going nowhere..."

There are two operative sentiments here, the first is "..loads of posts showing that 2 way systems can communicate.." The operative word in this case is 'showing' rather than submitting to the request in my first post for 'solid evidence' (not in context). The second is "...answer the question on gear..." and this has indeed been answered on numerous occasions. There remain quite a few posts in this topic to which I believe I have the right to reply, however, may I thank each and every contributor (one in particular was very near, very near, a positive reply). I bow to your superior knowledge and suggest that you do indeed close this thread. In parting from this thread I may add that I have seen the relevant schematics, block diagrams and so forth and can confirm that I know the answer, and have known so, since my first post. Thankyou for your time.

I'm fine Charlie, thanks for asking.

My contribution is purely to point out that it doesn't really matter whether it is two or one way it either works or it doesn't. If it works everybody is happy, if it doesn't use something that does. Why argue the toss with a boffin he either has proof of his assertion and therefore requires no refutable evidence as he can provide all the evidence himself. The onus of proof is on him not anyone else.

If as already been stated by a number of our star members, if we know which particular devices he is talking about we may be able to give a clear yes or know answer.

As Mark Twain said its not what you know that gets you into trouble its what you think you know that just ain't so. that does.

I remember all those alarm people who were trained as sparkies who took ages to get around the terms "normally open and normally closed"   Sometimes it is just how each person understands how the definitions are applied and how the perspectives of each can confuse the issue.

I also understand the limitations of the written word not being the best form of communication :) That said....for what reason did you ask your question in the first place? Do you agree with the lecturer? Are you not sure yourself? Have you committed to a point of view and desire moral support?

In any event if you ask the right questions you will usually get the right answers :) When all the evidence is weighed up there is no need for judgement as all becomes obvious.

Another quote just for fun but also very true, I think it was one of Oscar Wild although I may not be correct:

Only fools and dead men never change their opinions :)

Maybe there are some manufactures of such devices that can enlighten us all on the definitions used for one way and two way and then we may be nearer to the answers you seek. What do you think?

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Ok manufacturer here, in your first post you use the word interrogate, i need to understand the context of this word before i will answer. Your answer to this question is critical in me actually understanding the point.

So interrogate what exactly, and why is the question specifically about detection devices?

There are many other devices that are wireless and that can operate with an alarm system. (not just intruder, there are numerous types of alarm as i am sure you are aware)

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom