Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 'checking Bus' Message On Exiting Engineering Mode

Right, as I am new here I am taking orders at the bar! Mine's a pint of Amstel!

Now that's out of the way, today I replaced my old Accenta Gen4 with a Scantronic 9651 panel and 9941 pad. All of the wiring transferred across with no problems and the system works fine. Walk tests, output tests and global tampers are all ok. The problem is on pressing 99 tick, to exit engineering I get a 'checking bus' message that last for 20-30 seconds then it asks again if I want to exit engineering, on pressing tick I get another checking message and then it goes to day mode. I know there is a problem in that the strobe doesn't work on the bell box and I will be replacing the bell box with a deltabell plus tomorrow. Is it possible the panel can see the strobe fault? I have installed and programmed this panel before with no issues so am baffled as to what the problem is.

Thanks

There is no issue, although on a 9651 the only relevant bus checks it's doing are for keypads. A longish wait is normal, I upgraded a 9853 last week with a second keypad and xpander and that takes about the same time to get to 'exit engineer?'. Other than mains or battery, if there are faults it can see, it won't let you exit.

The only specific bellbox fault this panel can detect is an open tamper.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Nope youre right, it's something they introduced on the last incarnations of the now discontinued 9751 9752 and 9853 EN models that's slightly pointlessly crept into the remaining 9651 model

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 7 years later...

I got "checking Bus" msg suddenly when everything was working as it should before and the date went to 1/1/2005. all the codes went back to default codes and the internal sounde went off every 5 minutes. Any ideas? do i need to reprogramme the sys. or is ther another fault. why has it gone like this. sys was installed in 2015

Paul

4 hours ago, paulm1986 said:

I got "checking Bus" msg suddenly when everything was working as it should before and the date went to 1/1/2005. all the codes went back to default codes and the internal sounde went off every 5 minutes. Any ideas? do i need to reprogramme the sys. or is ther another fault. why has it gone like this. sys was installed in 2015

Paul

Needs new panel , starting to see this often in the 9651 and it will happen again