Security Installer Community

Nvq 3 In Security Systems

a1steve

i only have 1851 and expect it to not be ok, i dont know yet its too early. Ade knows more than me it hasnt really reached our comittee yet, it just been discussed

Pretty much what has been said, its been around for a few years, likely to be a few more years before we see anything.

Imo it doesnt

I would agree

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Interesting point. 

My Employer has us all go through several courses.

I am trained on Internal for our own systems we install and we're constantly getting asset via on-site visits however this is more Customer Service, Knowledge and Quality of work. 

I am trained to NVQ Level 3 in Providing Electronic Security and Emergency Systems (2882) but I was a ADT trainee at 16 and worked in industry several years now. 

I know my wee trainee is currently working towards NVQ Level 3 in Electronic Security and Emergency (I Think)  As that what I remember on his wee folder I have to do for his training record but he does 10 weeks at college and 20 weeks on the job which after that he will be getting offered a Job as a Installer.

I think SIA be perfect to take this onboard and allow people to be badged for certain tasks like Intruder, CCTV, Fire Systems. Plus have different Levels such as CSCS system however they also need to do it more like Gas Safe cards for homes to check. 

Interesting point. 

My Employer has us all go through several courses.

I am trained on Internal for our own systems we install and we're constantly getting asset via on-site visits however this is more Customer Service, Knowledge and Quality of work. 

I am trained to NVQ Level 3 in Providing Electronic Security and Emergency Systems (2882) but I was a ADT trainee at 16 and worked in industry several years now. 

I know my wee trainee is currently working towards NVQ Level 3 in Electronic Security and Emergency (I Think)  As that what I remember on his wee folder I have to do for his training record but he does 10 weeks at college and 20 weeks on the job which after that he will be getting offered a Job as a Installer.

I think SIA be perfect to take this onboard and allow people to be badged for certain tasks like Intruder, CCTV, Fire Systems. Plus have different Levels such as CSCS system however they also need to do it more like Gas Safe cards for homes to check. 

i cant see what the sia a non technical organisation would bring to the table with regards improving technical standards to this industry unless you want a i do intruder badge strapped to your upper arm and pay for the privilege 

Lol, yes a fluro yellow armband to be worn AT ALL TIMES!

i did notice tonight the rather rotund guard in the co-op had a flo yellow one strapped to his bingo wing,all a thief would have to do is walk fast and he'd be fcd