Security Installer Community

Act Battery Tester Needed

timmo66

You've just missed the deal at ADI on Wednesday only offer.  They were doing the Gold IBT for £140 + Vat, Free Delivery.

I actually missed the email until Thursday, I rang them up moaning that I couldn't log in to order 2 of them and password reset didn't work.

They put the order through at the £140 each for me, Both arrived on Friday....     Give it a try, You never know

Totally screwed without one, Wanted a new one for me and another for a new service guy

you'd have to get real cheap, otherwise having it calibrated would make a nonsense, and surely a pointless exercise if you don't?

tbh although i have one i doubt it's worth in the real world, readings affected by the units ambient temperature or poor connection, fine for bench testing batteries but field use?

many modern panels monitor the panel batts anyway, Gardtec load tests hourly on default setting, i have used a10watt car bulb to load test batteries, voltage drops below 10. or significantly within a few mins, then it us either duff or not fully charged - take your pick, but you then going to check the charging voltage and replace the panel or the battery.

1o watt bulb and a couple if clips circa £4 verses £140.00 + Vat and affected by temperature, so wheres the reasons?

So you test with it, but you don't know any more than using a 10 watt bulb as a load which i have done for many years, wether the battery is actually duff, or simply recovering after being deep discharged. if you suspect the battery your going to change it any way, so then why bother wasting time to test it?

if it's the vreg, changing to a fresh battery won't prevent, just delay the need to replace the panel.

I have known them to last 18 years, going by ticket date on takeovers, but i chuck them after 2 years, it is simply not sensible trusting them for longer, you might nit get back in for a further 2 years, so your gambling a nuisance call cost, against trade price new, makes absolutely no sense to me to risk it.

but hey - i'm just crazy anyway :S

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived