Security Installer Community

Advice Please

uwave

Totally, I was brought up on the 800, don't get me wrong!

Even though my first panel takeover was a Scanny 9800, the first new alarm I ever

installed was a Gardiner 360(?), the one with the plastic oblong box and a 2 digit oblong

LED RKP.

Good stuff back then.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for the great advice. I'm an ordinary chap with a normal house. My starting point was cheapest of the cheap but with technology I can have more for I hope for 2 or £300 more. I've not got my full list nor price yet so cannot say if it's too expensive yet but so far it looks doable. I'll google and look at all options as advised here so experienced advice is gratefully accepted and will be looked at.

Main issue is good kit, reliable, and that support and spares will continue to be available and of course I'm influenced by advice and recommendations.

At the moment I like the idea of the Texecom mesh wifi as I expect this gives more reliable wifi connection and presumably less prone to lost coms and false events?

As for cars....this is like TVs or fridges or mobile phones ( the worst case I suspect) or the wife's dress or shoes.......we rarely buy what will do! We usually buy what we wish for within reason because it makes us feel good. That's life!

That said I will try and buy sensibly but with all the bells and whistles and best kit I can reasonably afford......might be a string and bell now I'm thinking about cars!

Thanks again, not wishing to see any arguments as we all have something to contribute.

Kind Regards

Thanks for the great advice. I'm an ordinary chap with a normal house. My starting point was cheapest of the cheap but with technology I can have more for I hope for 2 or £300 more. I've not got my full list nor price yet so cannot say if it's too expensive yet but so far it looks doable. I'll google and look at all options as advised here so experienced advice is gratefully accepted and will be looked at.

Main issue is good kit, reliable, and that support and spares will continue to be available and of course I'm influenced by advice and recommendations.

At the moment I like the idea of the Texecom mesh wifi as I expect this gives more reliable wifi connection and presumably less prone to lost coms and false events?

As for cars....this is like TVs or fridges or mobile phones ( the worst case I suspect) or the wife's dress or shoes.......we rarely buy what will do! We usually buy what we wish for within reason because it makes us feel good. That's life!

That said I will try and buy sensibly but with all the bells and whistles and best kit I can reasonably afford......might be a string and bell now I'm thinking about cars!

Thanks again

Not wishing to offend so removed this line.

Kind Regards

Like Arf I install Risco and they have come a long way with their products.

What is wrong with the 601 panel?

Never had a problem. The agility 1 was brought out to soon but the Agility 3 is a decent panel.

Texecom bring out these software updates every week.

Castle panels have their issues.

!

Nothing probably - it doesn't work with Webway and I just felt it hadn't moved on since the 800 days.

I wouldn't slate anyone for fitting it, no doubt if I'd come straight here from the co. that used to fit

them I still would.

Agreed sometimes the Texe updates can put you off, but what about Honeywell where its alleged there

are loads of outstanding / denied problems but there are no updates?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Nothing probably - it doesn't work with Webway

Agility 3 and lightsys coming very soon

Agreed sometimes the Texe updates can put you off,

Catch 22. I'm a bit miffed that I have to go flash a panel due to a firmware issue but on the flip side I'm glad we are doing it proactively rather than after the event.

Honeywell where its alleged there

are loads of outstanding / denied problems but there are no updates?

Indeed there are and Honeywells plan is just ignore them, don't release firmware every 10 minutes and everyone's happy. Until it all goes wrong that is.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I hope you get a good commission from risk o arf. You must be their best sales guy.

But years ago the old stuff did the job, was cheap and worked well. We used the eurosec for years as our basic audible only panel. Its easy to push better gear but at that it works. I see the new stuff as a concern. Its not a finished product and i come from a castle background when it really wasn't. Siemens has probably the most flexible option, galaxy and tex are up there also. The rest at the moment are just noise, but risco are the quietist

OK, i use Risco and you prefer other makes, calling Risco TAT tbh is unbelievable, do not confuse people asking for advice by replying with supposed snobbery. i said if he needed that kit he would be better getting a trained installer in, not be blinded by go faster stripes of your preferred choice.

i'm saying horses for courses, seems a trend in here to tell j/p to fit high end systems more likely found in large supermarkets or mansions, why on earth would this guy need mesh, web way or even an ARC? you have not even thought to ask what risk he us protecting? and if that as i did then his better to address it from a pro install.

it's a DIY install by a keen possibly capable amateur, so lets be real folks as to what he can and can not achieve before YOU spend HIS money.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

1) i don't get supervision faults because i survey and set my sytems up properly.

2) perhaos for you with a vested interesr yes, this o/p has no such need.

3) if your an inocent party with nothing to worry about, but if your the intruder it tends to be a tad different story, Rhe extrnal tends to maje the 'visit' far shorter than it very likely would be otherwise.

you run an ARC, can you guarantee the Police will attend in a few minutes, few hours or even a few days or if at all? no, all you can do is pass the message on, and so can he, his keyholders far cheaper and (not a personal observation) with far more credit given to by the Police.

Those who fit other than Risco, will your favoured kit auto update any added kit to ensure total compatibility throughout? - Risco Lightsys and ProSys will do this automatically over the BUS, just a thought for drawing comparisons with Tex/Gal.

Archived