Security Installer Community

Nice Interpretation Of Confirmed Or D.i.y. Dt ('double' Tech)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At  the end of the day its a new set of directors I suppose - wouldn't they (SSAIB)  be on dodgy ground legally?

Same staff on tools, same office, and same phone number, and a strangely familiar logo though.... (the logo

on the bells is nothing like anything on the website. The S is about 200pts and rotated so it could almost be a 2....)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Funny you should mention that. I share the view if inspected and they meet standards, as a certification body SSAIB (not nsi) would be able to say no or they could face trouble however I have my own discussions with SSAIB at the minute where they refuse to give us a badge despite being compliant with a scheme because we aren't doing it in a traditional way.

I pushed back to them on the grounds that as long as it was compliant on what grounds were try saying no. Discussions continuing . . .

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I pushed back to them on the grounds that as long as it was compliant on what grounds were try saying no. Discussions continuing . . .

And therein lies one of the problems the inspectorates have brought on.

We've covered this before.

They want people to do things their way and only their way. And people wonder why this industry is dying.

And therein lies one of the problems the inspectorates have brought on.

We've covered this before.

They want people to do things their way and only their way. And people wonder why this industry is dying.

They didn't see my point of view at all which was if it is compliant then it isn't for the certification body to dictate how that compliance is met. That said not having the badge is no barrier whatsoever to what we want to do. In many ways it enhances it not having it but in the spirit of doing things properly . . .

I was going to say, if its not intruder - well, perhaps especially if its not intruder...

Whilst I'm here does anyone want to comment on my RA and SDPs?

demo SDP.pdf

demo RA.pdf

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Well, I did this job today swapping out for an LCD based panel.

The two detectors in the initial picture...

Wait for it, wired in

PARALLEL?!!??!!

Or as the job sheet which I found (but sadly haven't got) stuffed on top of the cabinet said 'wire garage in parell'

Twisted wires to connect speaker in trunking - no insulation

Taped up twisted wire joints in loft

Somehow ran out of wires for SAB so joined Strobe to Siren!! (Lets not forget even old panel was PD 2010)

Front door contact was Grade 1 without tamper.

All from an NSI gold sold as Grade 2X. (Not a cash job or homer). Class and a half.

Wait for it, wired in

PARALLEL?!!??!!

Or as the job sheet which I found (but sadly haven't got) stuffed on top of the cabinet said 'wire garage in parell'

Beam Paired

Double insulated

Sort of double insulated

Somehow ran out of wires for SAB so joined Strobe to Siren!! (Lets not forget even old panel was PD 2010)

Economy wiring

System is G1x

All from an NSI gold sold as Grade 2X. (Not a cash job or homer). Class and a half.

1 Point for the door contact. Must do better.

Customers!

Wait for it, wired in

PARALLEL?!!??!!

That is real old school, not seen 2 detectors in parallel deliberately installed for many years, but was used early days of motion sensors. no elephant catchers or quads back then, MWD and Ultrasonic 's were king.

Principle was if one detector was tripped by a draft, the other stopped the activation, but a large target would trip both at same time.

Could also be used for animals, as long as one did not cover stairs as example, better than stuffing large slug on the zone ;).

Edited by arfur mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 7 months later...

I was recently told on a course i attended, that you can have two detectors close together and it comply as long as the paths dont overlap.

so some kind of narrow curtain beam pir and a normal pir would give you a no overlap but they wouldnt overlap?

whats your take on this?

Funny you should mention that. I share the view if inspected and they meet standards, as a certification body SSAIB (not nsi) would be able to say no or they could face trouble however I have my own discussions with SSAIB at the minute where they refuse to give us a badge despite being compliant with a scheme because we aren't doing it in a traditional way.

Just do what our company do and refuse to be part them.   Have we saw work dry up? = No, we actully got busier i say. 

As engineers we still are expected to meet same standards but we just can't display logos. 

I have heard SSAIB have begged them to join again thou

Interesting and a story I hear often. There was a day that no badge meant no decent work. Think that ship has sailed. So far this year we have done 2 jobs that needed any approval. At £40k though it was worth SSAIB fees to get it.

Bulk of what we do, no one cares.

ssaib would

Super successful alarms inspection board wouldn't be so successful without recruitment of companies :)

Erm mr Wilson I have as many scopes as you do :)

your takeover history puts ssiab in such high regard

and you think?

When I watched the videos I thought they were a promo for Nsi at first as it doesn't resemble the world I know!