Security Installer Community

Nice Interpretation Of Confirmed Or D.i.y. Dt ('double' Tech)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting and a story I hear often. There was a day that no badge meant no decent work. Think that ship has sailed. So far this year we have done 2 jobs that needed any approval. At £40k though it was worth SSAIB fees to get it.

Bulk of what we do, no one cares.

Super successful alarms inspection board wouldn't be so successful without recruitment of companies :)

We had issues at first as people thought SSAIB badge was like SIA but once we educated them and explained we setting our own high standards people soon understand

matts trying to win friends and influence people. crack on and piss me off

I think my company got loads of BS certificates.   Our work can be inspected at random by some Standards guy and we been pulled up for not using enough or not enough cable clips to which they are THAT fussy. 

I think my company got loads of BS certificates.   Our work can be inspected at random by some Standards guy and we been pulled up for not using enough or not enough cable clips to which they are THAT fussy. 

When I say I think,  I know our paper works has loads of BS XXXX and BS XXXX I know we have a Investor in People.   Unsure what that is but thats on all the Group stuff

i have iso.

u dont, or do you?

i dont have 8418

ISO is QMS, not product certification :)

I thought all golds got 8418 as part of the deal?

Not at all. Friendly chat

We had issues at first as people thought SSAIB badge was like SIA but once we educated them and explained we setting our own high standards people soon understand

In days gone by, it was. For CCTV no SIA = a trip to court.

For CCTV install no badge means err nuffink

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

In days gone by, it was. For CCTV no SIA = a trip to court.

For CCTV install no badge means err nuffink

I don't think you need SIA licence to install CCTV but to Watch if your not paid directly by company you need a SIA Licence. 

I must admit I spend most my days installing CCTV system to companies which many are just updating their systems from older systems.   I do have to laugh at some comments like today I had one which said 'Client asked for Camera in Changing Room.  DO NOT INSTALL CAMERA IN CHANGING ROOM' 

I have an arc and arcs are required to hold sia as it is a licensable activity although after all this time the sia has decided rvrcs only need a security guarding license rather than public space CCTV that we all spent years getting.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I have an arc and arcs are required to hold sia as it is a licensable activity although after all this time the sia has decided rvrcs only need a security guarding license rather than public space CCTV that we all spent years getting.

Ah,   I wonder maybe thats why response team have SIA for the 'Response Centre'   I take it you need sia for monitoring alarms.

careful, seems Google searches may be pulling chunky supporters off the street, before you know it we'll be overrun with anti inspectorate types.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

• 1 year later...

Back in the 80s, paralleling PIRs was the only way to minimise false alarms in harsh environments.  This was before dual tecs were available.  The other option was active beams, but difficult with racking on all walls.

I remember a warehouse (Jabro Cash and Carry in Luton if I remember correctly?) with these:

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/gallery/image/317-ademco-652/

(the larger version, and the L/R lens) down all the isles of the Cash and Carry - DOUBLED UP.

The checkouts were really funny in this place in the 80s as they didn't have bar codes.  Customers with their trolleys piled up used to arrive at the checkouts.  There was a guy that used to "read out" all the stock codes to the checkout girl...

"fourty-two....zero one two one eight three one Silk Cut"...."thirty one...zero two four six one one zero zero Silk cut ten pack", etc!!

Matt (not from Vidionics as title suggests)

Evolution ESS