Security Installer Community

Nice Interpretation Of Confirmed Or D.i.y. Dt ('double' Tech)

In the last dying gasps of this Ex-WSM Gold (hmmm... who could that be??) they did this bells only as a G2X. Full paperwork

not a homer or cash job etc...

To be honest I'm now (possibly) changing the panel just over a year later so haven't thoroughly investigated this little setup;

as its going to be changed for a DT and, hey, might just put a contact on at least one of the 2 external doors to the

area.

It's either wired as a 2 zones to get a confirm, or wouldn't be at all surprised if wired in series to cut down on FAs....

Remember the same brains behind it are still trading.....

If we get the job I'll let you know how it was wired.

post-4216-0-29372900-1380391608_thumb.jp

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really you're allowed motion detectors in series....

Although I suppose I can't think where it says not to I suppose?

Would you do it? Householder says done like that from new BTW.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Really you're allowed motion detectors in series....

Although I suppose I can't think where it says not to I suppose?

Would you do it? Householder says done like that from new BTW.

No, motion sensors in series is a no no. Contacts, pas ok

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I'd have thought that too; but does it say that anywhere....?!

Yes, in da rules!

In the last dying gasps of this Ex-WSM Gold (hmmm... who could that be??) they did this bells only as a G2X. Full paperwork

not a homer or cash job etc...

To be honest I'm now (possibly) changing the panel just over a year later so haven't thoroughly investigated this little setup;

as its going to be changed for a DT and, hey, might just put a contact on at least one of the 2 external doors to the

area.

It's either wired as a 2 zones to get a confirm, or wouldn't be at all surprised if wired in series to cut down on FAs....

Remember the same brains behind it are still trading.....

If we get the job I'll let you know how it was wired.

What is the new company name they trade under? Red hot alarms could be quite catchy . . .

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I would say they are probably programed as beam paired two separate zones both zones have to activate before a non-confirmed activation.  A little more sophisticated than in series because single detection activations are still logged

think i can claim ti be possibly the first to fit a Pir ind parrellel to an mwd.

///pause for astonishment///

before pir's were the first choice, on Chubbs the AFA MWD was favoured. Well sime chump specified one in the ceiling void. so whats the problem you ask? well this was Ratners Jewellers shop, under the railway line bridge in Southend High Street. Kept truggering surprise surprise, guy would not sign to disconnect it.

so i installed what was then a very mew tech Racal 771 pir in parallel. Result was no more false alarms.

Suprvisor picks up the report, asked who authorised it - explained - told to remove it, so i said yup! OK, but any calls you cover it.

After 6 he asked me to go back and re-fit the pir lol!

Anyone know John Chantry? if you do, then you can ask him ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

think i can claim ti be possibly the first to fit a Pir ind parrellel to an mwd.

///pause for astonishment///

before pir's were the first choice, on Chubbs the AFA MWD was favoured. Well sime chump specified one in the ceiling void. so whats the problem you ask? well this was Ratners Jewellers shop, under the railway line bridge in Southend High Street. Kept truggering surprise surprise, guy would not sign to disconnect it.

so i installed what was then a very mew tech Racal 771 pir in parallel. Result was no more false alarms.

Suprvisor picks up the report, asked who authorised it - explained - told to remove it, so i said yup! OK, but any calls you cover it.

After 6 he asked me to go back and re-fit the pir lol!

Anyone know John Chantry? if you do, then you can ask him ;).

i dont doubt it for a minute....

i dont doubt it for a minute....

it's no different in principle to todays dual-tecs, back then even double knock, beam pairing or programmable panels had not been introduced.

For false alarms if you could not find the cause or did not have the time, you installed a 1uf cap to "slug" the zone against intermittent's, idea being by the time that got bad enough that the cap could not overcome, it was easy enough to find on a swing needle meter..

trouble was some guys took it to the extremes, you'd find 1000uf installed, thief could open a door, have a bath, knick the gear well before the bells went off.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Yes, in da rules!

What is the new company name they trade under? Red hot alarms could be quite catchy . . .

http://www.spansec.com/

depends on the panel

Veritas with LED keypad...