Security Installer Community

Alarm Fault On A Veritas R8 Plus

marcus19811981

I ve just spoken to building control about that wiring issue. I was supprised that they told me.   In effect if someone rewires a house without Part P. If you  report it  over 6 months later the majestrate has no power to prosecute the offender. Apparently after 6 months it too late to report. I bet not many people knew this.  So if rewire a house after 6 month the Part P law means nothing intresting. I won't be doing this anyway. 

The spur is on a lighting circuit in a bunglow. Could well be a noisey supply.  I am sure I can sort it.  The panel has no problem on my test bench at home. The main point I was asking was:   The customer has decided not to allow me to sort out the problem and wants the money back and the system removing.  Is it reasonable to ask me to do this.

I havnt read the rest of the thread yet - but 1st though, was the unit is connected to switch live supply.

I think I have found some resolution to this Veritas R8 problem The guys phoned me and says he is getting some one to remove the system because I won't. I ve offered to sort the problem out sending a letter in writing (recorded delivery)

He intends to Bill me for having it removed and take me to court to get the money back. I am hoping he has the system removed. He won't have a leg to stand on and considering he's no paper work for his electrical installation I think he will lose.

that is his legal right - and you have to foot the bill.

I would be interested in how many occupiers / DIYers have EVER been prosecuted.

Different if its a builder of course, easy to prove its new wiring, they were there etc...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for everyone comments . We keep going overthe same points. I did say previously that the spur was connected to the MCB on the consumer unit. Not a ceiling rose. I also said that the customer had already done the cabling for the supply and alarm cables themselves all plastered in etc. The problem relates to the mains supply spur they also provided. Whether its cutting out or picking signals up I don't know. As I previoulsy said I took the panel home and tested at my test bench and there was no fault. There is only a problem with it at the customers house. It is his wiring. Ive had this bedfore. I ve never had problems with texecom panels and sensors like this in 11 years of installing. The only thing left in the equation is the customers DIY wiring. I wanted to test the customers wiring and offered to get to the bottom of the fault. However he suddenly decided after a days works that he didn't want this alarm. He wanted it removing and his money back. He refuses to allow me to fix it. Please read the previous thtreads before commenting.

Thanks for everyone comments . We keep going overthe same points. I did say previously that the spur was connected to the MCB on the consumer unit. Not a ceiling rose. I also said that the customer had already done the cabling for the supply and alarm cables themselves all plastered in etc. The problem relates to the mains supply spur they also provided. Whether its cutting out or picking signals up I don't know. As I previoulsy said I took the panel home and tested at my test bench and there was no fault. There is only a problem with it at the customers house. It is his wiring. Ive had this bedfore. I ve never had problems with texecom panels and sensors like this in 11 years of installing. The only thing left in the equation is the customers DIY wiring. I wanted to test the customers wiring and offered to get to the bottom of the fault. However he suddenly decided after a days works that he didn't want this alarm. He wanted it removing and his money back. He refuses to allow me to fix it. Please read the previous thtreads before commenting.

he allowed you time to fix it - you even took it off site to test it,

other possible causes -

switched supply somewhere (you say it was in the MCB, how do you know it didnt go elsewhere between the board and the FCU?)

loose joint

shared neutral

weak fuse in the spur

cracked fuse carrier

chances are the customer has checked his wiring and realised what the fault was and to save face is saying he had someone else in.

switched supply somewhere (you say it was in the MCB, how do you know it didnt go elsewhere between the board and the FCU?)

loose joint

shared neutral

weak fuse in the spur

cracked fuse carrier

Have to agree.

You did fit and not check everything did`nt you?

You did say that earlier, did you not?

Please read the previous threads before commenting.

Makes that a little condescending does it not?

He may not have checked a thread, you however fitted and did not check the supply and or detector cables.

I think we all know what is more dangerous.

Like following a standard connection and testing sheet?

Free ones at ACT Meters.

As mentioned b4  L-E/N-E/E-N , maybe AC induction.

No hindsight needed here, its logical commissioning.

Archived