Security Installer Community

Alarm Fault On A Veritas R8 Plus

marcus19811981

Your all correct of course, I did check the supply when the fault occured. 234V AC correct polarity. Earth and neutral connected together (connected at source). Its got to be a spike or some thing inductive or even a shared neutral as suggested. Problems with MCB. I ve fitted hundreds of these systems and this is the only one that has ever done this. Ive never had this problem before. When I do a suvay for a quote I can't really insist on checking all the wiring in the house. I never done that and had no cause to. like I said its the only one thats ever done this in 11 years. If the owner would let me, I wanted to connect the pamel with an extention lead plug into another circuit. As I said they suddenly decided to tell me to remove the system and there money back and won't allow me to try and sort it out. The mains fail chime goes off intermittantly ans stops if you reset the panel till next time. The green LED (mains fail) isnt flashing when it chimes so mains is not actally off, I measured it. The chime isn't the programming. I disconnected all the zones, tampers, (linked out) and disconnected the Aux 12v. It still has the fault intermittantly. As I said I took it to my house set it up on a bench and there is no fault.

I really need to find out what the problem is for future if it happened again.

OP dont worry about the posts. I know some like to point score, but there is a huge amount of experience and knowledge here.

You will struggle to find out the issue without testing it in the environment. I doubt its the equipment and its likely its the wiring. But without tests its difficult even impossible to confirm

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I just wanted to try a few different things and tests to find the fault.  The owners wife was not in good health and she only expected it to take less than a day with no problems.  She told her husband it was all getting her down.  So the guy wants me to remove the system and give the money back. Out of principle I don't think thats right. I spent all day and my labour costs.

Look at it from their view?

I see what your saying but if you employ a pro to do a job you do expect it to go as expected.

How would you be if roles were reversed?

Not saying they are right, just you need to look at it like that.

Also if she is genuinely ill then its a different ball game at home 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I am asking a simple question.

He was asked on at least 3 occasions for readings.

He has now said he took them.

If he has we can look and possibly assist more.

I am not "hammering", just trying as the others to help. As you yourself say, "The more information, the more we can help".

Look at it from their view?

I see what your saying but if you employ a pro to do a job you do expect it to go as expected.

How would you be if roles were reversed?

Not saying they are right, just you need to look at it like that.

Also if she is genuinely ill then its a different ball game at home

I see that. If she is in a bad way a beeping alarm with no clear fix in site would cause me a problem if it was my wife too after all that's why you hire the pro so you don't get the hassle.

If it were only so simple.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived