Security Installer Community

Alarm Fault On A Veritas R8 Plus

marcus19811981

I have recently installed an alarm system at a person home.  The chime keeps activing indicating a mains power failure only when I check, the mains power is present. The green unset light not flashing. I took the panel and keypad back to my house and set it up on a bench.  It was on test for over 24 hors and no fault occured. I can only assume the panel is okay and its the customers wiring at fault.  I returned to the house and after I had left it started chime again. If you leave it a long time the alarm goes and the battery is low. The spur has power when the fault is happening.

The problem is, the customer installed all the alarm cabling themselves when renovating the house. None of my equipment is faulty as I tested it.  The customer assured me their wiring is okay, 

I offered to keep working on the fault but the customer suddenly decided they want me to remove the system completely and give them a refund. I spent over a day installing labourwise.  I offered to keep working on the problem but the customer refuses saying they have lost confidence in me and don't want to continue. Can they insist on there money back if its there cabling and mains supply at fault.

How many installers reading this would do as the customer wants and refund the money and refuse the system.  What would anyone else do?

I have set up another panel on my bench with the keypad. I have programmed it exactly as the problem panel has been programmed. Its been powered up on my bench now since yesterday and so far the problem has not occured. I have operated all the zones attached but the fault has not occured.

The spur is on a lighting circuit in a bunglow. Could well be a noisey supply.  I am sure I can sort it.  The panel has no problem on my test bench at home. The main point I was asking was:   The customer has decided not to allow me to sort out the problem and wants the money back and the system removing.  Is it reasonable to ask me to do this.

Archived