Security Installer Community

Alarm Fault On A Veritas R8 Plus

marcus19811981

The spur is on a lighting circuit in a bunglow. Could well be a noisey supply.  I am sure I can sort it.  The panel has no problem on my test bench at home. The main point I was asking was:   The customer has decided not to allow me to sort out the problem and wants the money back and the system removing.  Is it reasonable to ask me to do this.

if you have taken the supply from the lights you may have taken it from the switch side as opposed to the perm live side,turn the light on,the fault might go,seems a bit strange/diy install either way

Well we will see how it turns out. I have offered to sort it out. Not giving the money back and removing the system until they have allowed me to fix it. They were doing the house up and were trying to keep my labour down so they did the cabling so they could plaster. I would have prefered to install the cabling and returned later. What was annoying, they needed two zones in a certain place and only used 6 core wire. I had to piss about doing EOL resistors.

Thanks guys anyway.

Archived