Security Installer Community

Alarm Fault On A Veritas R8 Plus

marcus19811981

Its the supply spur. On a 6A MCB they had already provided but had the old Red & black T & E  some one rewired the house in blue brown but left this spur. If they would allow me but won't. I would prefer to run a lead to the panel and plug it in a socket for 24 hours if it cures the problem they will have to get the spur sorted. I can't even be sure it was rewired by a part P electrician as they have no paper for the installation. 

I agree. If they 've had the house rewired a few weeks ago, the alarm should have had its own MCB anyway. But they used this existing one and connected directlty to the MCB for the lighting ciruit.

so the whole house has been rewired and they left the spur to alarm in the original cable..have you not asked why..

What I intend to do:

1. Install my own fused spur unit and connect it to its own fuse on the consumer unit.

2. Remove all alarm cabling from the panel and link out the zones.

3. Reconnect 1 and 2 above seperatly. I will then know if its the mains supply spur or the alarm cabling.

The problem was I wanted to do this but the customer decided they wanted the system removing and their money back but won't allow me to have the chance to find the problem.

Archived