Security Installer Community

Alarm Fault On A Veritas R8 Plus

marcus19811981

If it were only so simple.

To be fair matt. From a customers view thats what id want and expect. It is that simple. Id agree there are complications that we have but i wouldnt expect any customer to see or feel the effects of them?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

To be fair matt. From a customers view thats what id want and expect. It is that simple. Id agree there are complications that we have but i wouldnt expect any customer to see or feel the effects of them?

Dito. If I hire a pro in, I expect the job done to a good standard and for it to work, or if there is any teething issues for them to be resolved very quickly as the pro has the magic answers for everything.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Dito. If I hire a pro in, I expect the job done to a good standard and for it to work, or if there is any teething issues for them to be resolved very quickly as the pro has the magic answers for everything.

i see it that way yes

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yep I see your point. I did checks on the supply before connecting and could find nothing wrong that was present at that time that could be measured. Its got to be an inductive signal problem but its defintly intermittant.

sorry buddy - 30 years in the game and I`ve never had a problem with induced AC.

This story just keeps growing....im just glad we have the paperwork in place to keep us right

Completion worksheet should have readings from detectors and panel. Job gets signed of as working panel. If a fault comes after this and is proved to be their spur wiring then its not your problem.

But you would have to say in the spec for the system that you are not liable for anything but the work you did. If it is in writing then keep the money and go to court..... If nothing is signed of then good luck.

!

I was trying to fix it by the process of illimination. I can find the problem if I was allowed to. Its not my fault if there was an unexpected issues with the customers wiring. From my point of view. I go to the house to do a survay.  They tell me they have fitted a fused spur.  Then I i tell. Im sorry but Ive got to take up your floor boards etc and trace the cable from the consumer unit to the spur and do all these electrical checks just incase your wrong and its not right.  I think most customers will say forget it. Again since its the only one Ive had trouble with in 11 years its a bit long winded to suggest all this.

We'll see what happens anyway. My terms and condition say I won't be held responsible for wiring or spur units supplied by the customer.

An inductive load or problem. Can be an alarm cable run paralell to a loom of twin and earth cable.

thanks - i do know what one is and it isnt the problem here for you.

next time you get a disappearing mains, check voltage under load first.

Archived