Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651

DanBate

As a pro id agree you can check the cable. However there could be cable damage putting voltage or grounding out a core. As oxo says putting a temp cable the prove the detector is a good idea.

Its always best to get to a know position. ie once you have proved its working one way then you keep adding unknowns until you identify the fault.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

However there could be cable damage putting voltage or grounding out a core. As oxo says putting a temp cable the prove the detector is a good idea.

QFA

Have had intermittant F/A issues with a cable that never showed any troubles testing with a meter by two previous engineers.

I tested the cable and spotted a high resistance short to earth on one core, upon rewiring turned out the wire was melting on a rad pipe.

Any problems proving equipment is better done with a fresh metre in the controls.

Marked up as Com A/T on the PCB (Common / Global Anti-tamper circuit)

Wired in series, not in parallel.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I would advise an engineer visit.

Don't get me wrong but surely enough is enough and get someone in the trade to get the system up and running properly to protect your household goods that are probably worth thousands.

!

I would advise an engineer visit.

Don't get me wrong but surely enough is enough and get someone in the trade to get the system up and running properly to protect your household goods that are probably worth thousands.

Good advice and money well spent imo, get a couple of quotes from reputable co's and spend your time doing what you are good at.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

fair enough, didnt mean to insult you.

You did not.

But you interluded in a question that you are not qualified to answer. As most of the above have indicated.

Giving the OP an argumentitive view.

Our objective here is to assist, not argue over methods of testing and commissioning. We ( Most posters here) are too long in the tooth for this and do know the respected methods of testing.

Not guessing.

Please keep watching and contributing, as WE ALL LEARN everyday.

OP, from the pictures and your grasping of the panel, the above is probably the best route.

As "Norm" says "Good advice and money well spent imo, get a couple of quotes from reputable co's and spend your time doing what you are good at.".

It will turn out cheaer and more effective.

Regards

Oxo

You did not.

But you interluded in a question that you are not qualified to answer. As most of the above have indicated.

Giving the OP an argumentitive view.

Our objective here is to assist, not argue over methods of testing and commissioning. We ( Most posters here) are too long in the tooth for this and do know the respected methods of testing.

Not guessing.

Please keep watching and contributing, as WE ALL LEARN everyday.

respect your feedback, i didnt mean to come accross as argumentitive and for this i apologise, trying to learn more about these panels.

Christ mate there's some major exposed wires there. I'd be very surprised if the panels faulty..... we fit a few here and there and cant think of any recently that dont work. Its possible you've caught/shorted out something on the pcb?

Easiest thing imo is remove the two zone wires out from the panel, then put a wire accross the zone 1. Put the panel in walktest, remove the wire link..... it should beelp twice. If it does the panels ok,

Archived