Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651

DanBate

Well somethings not right is it.

Can you post a picture of:

A, The panel PCB wired.

B, The Pir wired.

You do have the common to both in the middle terminal, and then Z1 in the upper and Z2 in the lower accordingly?

Can you do a few things.

Rewire it so its not got a possible short, that is damn untidy to say the least. Including the keyad.

Refit the PCB, why is it hanging off. No need.

Double check the programming.

Check the contiuinity of the cables.

Put the pir on a short flylead by the panel to prove that too.

Harsh, sorry. But thats not how to do it.

Rewire it so its not got a possible short, that is damn untidy to say the least. Including the keyad.

What he means is, no wire showing outside of the screw connector, so easy to cause a short and not realise.

Before putting them into the terminal twist the wire a few times and then trim off the excess 0.5cm should be more than enough.

ps Why is the PCB removed from its panel mountings? So easy to damage in some way.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

when pir has power the led will come on when activated, so dont let this confuse you. link out your tamper for the zone at the panel (this is just to find the fault), close the panel lid and set your alarm. remove the pir lid and meter accross alarm terminals, it should open the circuit when pir is activated - if the alarm does not activate dissconect one of the alarm circuit cables, alarm should now activate. if so then your problem will be at the pir (maybe built in resisters not compatible with panel??). if the alarm does not activate when you do so check programming of this zone, should be non end of line ( means no resistors being used).

Archived