Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651

DanBate

If you want to spend ages messing about. Yes.

From the pictures the wiring needs redoing, that could be one reason there is an issue.

The programming double checking.

A flylead by the panel would be far easier as you can check the pir locally, even against another. And do a meter reading on the cable.

If you want to spend ages messing about. Yes.

From the pictures the wiring needs redoing, that could be one reason there is an issue.

The programming double checking.

A flylead by the panel would be far easier as you can check the pir locally, even against another. And do a meter reading on the cable.

I agree wiring needs redoing, and as you said is prob the fault, but what i was trying to determine is if the zone was activating by manually disconecting cable at pir to open circuit, and if it did it would also mean cable is ok. just saves time in taking down pir and wiring into panel. But i guess we all have our own ways.

I agree wiring needs redoing, and as you said is prob the fault, but what i was trying to determine is if the zone was activating by manually disconecting cable at pir to open circuit, and if it did it would also mean cable is ok. just saves time in taking down pir and wiring into panel. But i guess we all have our own ways.

No it would not, there could be a short on the cable. Hence metering the cable and using a flylead.

A common method of testing items.

As for time this is a DIY effort and time should be taken, as the photograhs show.

What reading would you exect at the pir end if connected to the panel?

How would you prove the cable?

Archived