Security Installer Community

Insignia ?

whistle

Anyone running one?

My lease is up on the Audi in 10 weeks although i have loved having the car i am looking at getting out of a company car due to the amount of tax i have paid over the 3 years.

Looking at buying an almost new Insignia CDTI and running it for work with ladders on etc.

I wont keep it longer than 3 years so are they any good ??? the price is good.

My Redcare rep has one, his is not what you would call a luxury vehicle. Hard ride and lots of rattles. Why dont you just buy a decent car and pay yourself milage thats how everyone else does it

id agree i had a vectra that was off the road more than it was on.

Bought my audi as an ex demo, why not just get a 1 - 2 yr old a4. It will last longer.

Im looking at cars as ill be changing mine in the next 6 ish months. Going for an a5 at the moment. Quite like the new shape c class though

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I will be buying it as a private car and using for work. Just want a work horse as i have just swapped our 2nd car 2 weeks ago and i will drive that at weekends as i like it a lot.

My Redcare rep has one, his is not what you would call a luxury vehicle. Hard ride and lots of rattles. Why dont you just buy a decent car and pay yourself milage thats how everyone else does it

QFA thats what I did.

id agree i had a vectra that was off the road more than it was on.

Bought my audi as an ex demo, why not just get a 1 - 2 yr old a4. It will last longer.

Im looking at cars as ill be changing mine in the next 6 ish months. Going for an a5 at the moment. Quite like the new shape c class though

Go with the A5, nice car. Just don't get that ugly sportback thing!

My sister just got rid of her Insignia, had nothing but trouble with it from new, all fixed under warranty but in the garage far too often. Not what you need for a work vehicle. I am a fan of vauxhalls, works car is an astra estate, weekend car a vxr astra and wife has a vxr corsa. Had no trouble with any of them so far but the insignia honestly gave my sister some grief, last thing that needed replaced was the fly wheel, only 26k on it.

I fancied one until both a Swift eng and an ADT guy told me the same thing. "in the garage more than on the road"

ou looked at the i40? suppossed to be a little underpowered although that wouldnt bother me. MPG is king.

Customers!

Insignia's did suffer some issues 09-10 plate but newer ones are far better, good VFM imo but with everything in life you get what you pay for.

Ref Vectra's I have had 2 privately owned ones both with very few issues (1 power tailgate and 1 DMF replacement) both were sorted quickly.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Insignia was the worst car I ever had for reliability and comfort. In the 2 and a half years I had it it had well over 40 major faults and it spent about 7 months in total off the road waiting on backordered spares like a caliper, egr cooler, airbag module. utter *****. squeked and rattled and shmmeyed and leaked and left me on the hard shoulder god knows how many times and the seats on the exclusiv are carved from concrete. sounded like a tractor ang strted feeling lethargic and soggy at 60k by 105k I was ready to set fire to the damn thing. My colleages 10 plate used to release the electric handbrake by itself, culminating in the car getting written off by an artic. I had a 10 plate on hire and experienced the handbrake releasing itself while I was sitting with the engine off no feet on the pedals eating lunch.

Skoda superb? Or a quashqai? Everyone I speak to who has a quashandquarry raves about them. Probably some good deals on mondeos just now too.

Archived