Security Installer Community

Roller Shutter 1 Or 2 Contacts?

progear

This is second time round, we booted it first time as the beam interruption times at grade 2 and 3 were draconian to say the least, all the other requirements you would expect at grade 2 and 3 are included, the interruption times are now more sensible meaning that existing external product can be used interanally and still comply. You could argue that a shorter interruption time would be acceptable internally due to the reduced risk of false alarms from typical external factors. However it would have meant that no product would be available at the time of publication, the reality is also that as with all standards the requirements are the minimum and manufacturers who want an edge should and probably will try and exceed the requirements to give themselves a competitive sales argument.

All in all now I think it is a good standard from a product performance POV, however it still has some editorial issues that will need sorting.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Rich which ones model number wise?

James, optex QFR range but they are wireless, Radiovisor have rear tamper hardwired or did a kit to enable it, but think they might have been taken over. 

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Back on to roller contacts, we sometimes use a metal bracket to get the magnet close enough to the contact. It also gives some vertical adjustment.

Some modern domestic roller doors are sectional (each section roughly 3-4" high) and double skined ali extrusion and for these we drill the inner only and pop rivit the magnetic on. No external visible fixings then, sorry no photo for that.

http://sentrysecurity.co.uk/images/roller.jpg

Edited by RichL

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.