Security Installer Community

Bells, To Be Backlit Or Not To Be Backlit ?

itesecurity

Don't know if this has been discussed before regarding backlit bell boxes, seen a few of them and personally I dont like them. We have our logo's and telephone numbers etc for advertising and professional appearance but I think the line has to be drawn somewhere. Crying out to be vandalized by the local hoodies.

There is a row of around 8 of them at a new devolopment near us and while lit they looked terrible, they were lit for about a week and I can only assume the devoloper had second thoughts as they have not been illuminated since. No offence to anyone that uses them.

Your thoughts ?

2 thoughts

1 a backlight sign needs planning permission.

2 they only look right with the right logo.

ours doesnt look right but i think they can look right if the right logo is set up etc. But from a detereance point of view i think they look better than the a non backlit bell

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Tat. No one gives a toss, its only us lot in the trade who actually notice bells.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

2 thoughts

1 a backlight sign needs planning permission.

2 they only look right with the right logo.

ours doesnt look right but i think they can look right if the right logo is set up etc. But from a detereance point of view i think they look better than the a non backlit bell

Does a backlit bellbox on residential need planning permission?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Archived