Security Installer Community

Food Costs

Guest Oxo

We started to shop in ALDI for some of our needs, it's local so convenient but like looking through a bleeding jumble sale.

I love smoked meats, and they keep a very good range, bread wholemeak from GREGGS, we freeze.It.

Food not lasting so long is not all about quality, the E's have been removed from many products as they affect many people severely, also means when we die - we decompose faster :).

As school kid, I used ti pass a fruit and veg stool, they sold apples grown in their own orchard sized garden, looked rough as hell, but cheap and they tasted like heavens own royal food.

green street Market used to be a real old fashioned open street market, traders shooting their wares, one guy had a stool and made sweets over a heater, fascinated me the one day he shouts out 'ere misses this cough candies are cheap - they've only been sucked once'.

I was falling about laughing, always loved listenning to speillers and barkers ever since, there was a family had 2 stools, guys whould shuffled the bone china then throw plates across the street to rach other fantastic skills, never droping one, but I don't buy any thing edible from them ;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Coop used to be at upton park station end, you could smell aroma of the coffee being roasted, which was done near sn open front window, right around the Market.

Arfur

Anybody got any good knitting patterns they want to share?

No, but several could spin you a yarn :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I'm finding the price of stuff is going up but the quality is going down,

generally buy warburtons bread which IMHO is not as good as used to be, if I get it from supermarket there either buying a cheaper grade or chilling it as it goes stale quicker than the spar shop warburtons.

Larger, cans of carlsberg, fosters are currently very **** tasting whilst they used to be okay, I reckon at one time they'd QC & it would be poured down drain whilst now its f~ck it send it out?

warburtons has always been overpriced shi te, i usually by tesco oat bread, about 1.40 ish.

sister bought me a bread maker for christmas, maybe the way to go - it takes seconds to tip in the ingrediants then let it do its stuff.

Carlsberg, fosters carling all them class of largers are like dishwater, not worth tipping down your neck if it was free.

We started to shop in ALDI for some of our needs, it's local so convenient but like looking through a bleeding jumble sale.

I love smoked meats, and they keep a very good range, bread wholemeak from GREGGS, we freeze.It.

Food not lasting so long is not all about quality, the E's have been removed from many products as they affect many people severely, also means when we die - we decompose faster :).

As school kid, I used ti pass a fruit and veg stool, they sold apples grown in their own orchard sized garden, looked rough as hell, but cheap and they tasted like heavens own royal food.

green street Market used to be a real old fashioned open street market, traders shooting their wares, one guy had a stool and made sweets over a heater, fascinated me the one day he shouts out 'ere misses this cough candies are cheap - they've only been sucked once'.

I was falling about laughing, always loved listenning to speillers and barkers ever since, there was a family had 2 stools, guys whould shuffled the bone china then throw plates across the street to rach other fantastic skills, never droping one, but I don't buy any thing edible from them ;).

Arfur

i'd rather not know about your turds :)

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Ref the breadmaker, is it messy Pete? I like the idea but not the 'faff' My mother bought us a George Foreman for Christmas (again!) my two brothers got breadmakers, was offered a swap on Christmas morning but declined as I though the grill would fetch more on Fleabay.

dead easy mate, you can buy it pre mixed (whatever style of bread you want), just add water and yeast.

You have to be dead on with your weight of ingrediants.

If making from scratch, get bread flour, again in whatever style you want, add water to tin, skimmed milk powder, then flour, then salt in one corner, sugar in the other, make a dip in the middle, put yeast in that, programme maker to correct setting for type of bread, press start, then wait from 1 hour to 3, depending on what bread your making

Lagers piss anyway but,if pushed,I drink Carling - can't beat a good Canadian beer,

stella all the way mate.

If drinking at home its normally red wine, but bought some cider at the weekend, rarely drink lager at home.

I know your a fan, however even that IMHO has gone down hill.

Give sherry a try.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived