Security Installer Community

Food Costs

Guest Oxo

Anyone been watching this closely?

Bought some chicken drumsticks and paid almost 3 quid for them.

Put into freezer saw another pack of them ( teach me not to check), £2.20. So 75p increase within two weeks.

Leg of lamb for sunday, £15 quid.

They now put security tags on most meat joints at local Asda.

Can remember being a store detective for a short while, biggest thievs were pensioners nicking the tins of salmon!

Has the world gone kin crazy?

Can remember a can of coke costing 4p.

Bus fare was 2p. Used to walk to school and spend the fare on a crusty cheese and pickle roll at morning break. ( advantages of a grammar School).

Fek , still love a crusty roll with cheese and pickle.

Meat was free, dad worked as a delivery driver for a while at Smithfield Meat Market.

School friends were amazed we ate meat everyday of the week.

OOps goes all fuzzy eyed and remembers every Friday night dad came home with 2 large racks of ribs. Would slow cook them and serve on a massive plate in the middle mashed potato and corn on the cob.

Called it his "Wagon Wheel"

Someone stop me.

Catching Rainbow Trout and walking home with them ( yes in the middle of London virtually a trout lake) gutting them and baking in foil with mixed herbs in a cider sauce.

Spent one summer just fishing for trout, selling them to the local resturaunts.

We had discovered they were fed trout pellets and if you make a mix of brown bread and groundbait they assumed it was the feed from the fishery persons.

A catch a cast...................

Ever caught a 8lb Trout, boy they fight!!

I'm finding the price of stuff is going up but the quality is going down,

generally buy warburtons bread which IMHO is not as good as used to be, if I get it from supermarket there either buying a cheaper grade or chilling it as it goes stale quicker than the spar shop warburtons.

Larger, cans of carlsberg, fosters are currently very **** tasting whilst they used to be okay, I reckon at one time they'd QC & it would be poured down drain whilst now its f~ck it send it out?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

We only shop now @ the local Co-Op, cant be arsed with Asda etc. I reckon it probably costs me an extra hundred or so over the year so I am not too bothered. Bread however from anywhere only lasts about 3-5 days before the Penicillin kicks in, I thought it was the heat in our kitchen? Fruit is also ***** form most places, tasteless and *****.

As for beers I like German weird ones (Warsteiner, Pauliner, Augistiner (sp) and get them from a friend who either buy's them from t'net or bizarre ale shops, not a big drinker @ home.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I'm finding the price of stuff is going up but the quality is going down,

generally buy warburtons bread which IMHO is not as good as used to be, if I get it from supermarket there either buying a cheaper grade or chilling it as it goes stale quicker than the spar shop warburtons.

I can confirm that for you. On site at moment and yes, the bread is kept in a coolstore. Also done for hygiene reasons as they are sealed.

Archived