Security Installer Community

Backlit Bellboxes Again

james.wilson

SCB :P

And wiring?

Maybe a LED with good reflector could be utilised in a dummy?

PS my idea, letter off to Patent Office so back orf or I `ll send the heavies around!

I fit the risco flashing led to dummy's, that has a lithium battery thats lasts for around five years.

So and led thats only on at night should last 2 to 3 years. probably two though, but can be part of the service to change the batt ( but i wouldnt go to that effort)

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I think the current draw to run a dusk dawn setup would use more than it saved by stopping the led flash.

What we need i suppose is an intelligent bell where this can be chnaged from the panel programming.

I still need a new bell thougj

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

What we need i suppose is an intelligent bell where this can be chnaged from the panel programming.

I still need a new bell thougj

AFAIK Risco is the only manufacturer to offer something like that with the Nova Active thing, although it's still a little on the basic side (programmable LEDs, different tones for PA/Alarm/Tamper etc, aswell as a few diagnostics like hold off voltage and SAB charge). We don't use it to be fair, as we don't fit alot of Risco panels.

Do you still use the Vision at present? What's wrong with them? I always thought they were one of the better boxes out there...

Trade Member

I like the vision in terms of reliability, perfornance etc. But i know the new g3 sounder std is coming and i dont see the vision being upgraded to comply.

I should probably stop messing about and just use a red ag6 and save the pennies

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I think that looks good. Reakon the protex bit could be a bit bolder. And id drop the phone number but looks better than our bell imo

Why drop the number?

Having got a complete stranger to first notice it at night (I assume as it shows the), one who might admire the tacky Blackpool Tower effect to go with the 4245 garden lit up gnomes, your then asking these chavi prospective clients, to now look you up on the net or in phone book.

Perhaps i'm missing a trick here, how many would remember, and of those how many would bother late,r when they can see another pimped up bell and write down the number of it, or take a picture of it?

Why make the bell easier to see - but harder to find you?

I must be getting old ;)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

problem with having phone no on bb is the calls to inform "your" alarm has been ringing for 3hrs etc.

say what you like, but in the end youve just peed off a member of GP, & dont help customer nor reputation.

If your "bells" have been runaway for 3 hours your doing something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your "bells" have been runaway for 3 hours your doing something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just pre cut off timer, theres still a handfull of our boxes out there with the early aritech & ade bell modules w/o cut off timers despite not being serviced in living memory once a blue moon they ring up cuase they can't stop 'em

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

they dont. thats the point. ppl tell us stories :whistle:

as a rule 2/3 rearms thats it. perception or frustration or plain hatred of alarms, meldrew calls to let you know (vent/let off steam/kissmyass etc)

Archived