Security Installer Community

Backlit Bellboxes Again

james.wilson

I think any sort of siganalling is a plus. My opinion on voice diallers is low as there is a workable very low cost alternative, that outperforms a voice dialler in every way and has a 24 hr polled path.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I think any sort of siganalling is a plus. My opinion on voice diallers is low as there is a workable very low cost alternative, that outperforms a voice dialler in every way and has a 24 hr polled path.

can't agree, there is no ongoing cost with a voice dialler. if built in as per Gardtec manager can change numbers to be dialed and/or the order.

a digi is also built in to Gardtec, so ideal for a comparrison. ARC don't take clients requests direct to alter the numbers to be dialled that has to be done via fax/email from installer to be accepted.

so client decides at short notice to go on holiday, or a problem in the family he needs to attend to, he has to fax the installer, who then, during business hours will fax the ARC and possibly charge, this on top of the monitoring charge,

so how can a digi be near the same cost let of a Voice Dialer let alone convenience level?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

so client decides at short notice to go on holiday, or a problem in the family he needs to attend to, he has to fax the installer, who then, during business hours will fax the ARC and possibly charge, this on top of the monitoring charge,

anybody charge ?

so how can a digi be near the same cost let of a Voice Dialer let alone convenience level?

you want security or convenience ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

arf, no we dont charge for keyholder changes, i also know that some companies prefer to let the client do this direct with the arc.

Assuming non police response (and as your comparing a dialler), you get extended format (ie user name, circuit name, everything) reported to the arc. Daily test calls to prove the path is operational, huge keyholder lists if required, A human to speak to when it really matters for ALL the info on the alarm event/s, etc etc. This CAN be done for less than £1 a week, some a lot less some more etc. So for something like 10-20p a day you telling me a dialler is acceptable for anything but the lowest of low risk? How many times has a dialler failed to operate when it was needed due to lightening, bb being fitted, all numbers wrong, bill not paid, diy disconnecting tel line to dialler. All these things would show up within 24 hours on a digi.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

anybody charge ?

That's the inconvenience bit ;)

you want security or convenience ?

Do bells only is what? the voice comms is onboard, needs no contract to perform unlike digi etc

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived