Security Installer Community

Backlit Bellboxes Again

james.wilson

nope. don't fax either.

We log in direct to the ARC to change keyholders.

Ok, so client has an emergency let's say 2 keyholders to be changed urgently on Friday night, you going to do this on a phone call then log in?

Voice comma, manager level can do it in seconds 5 times a mohr if he/she needs to

I'm not talking a bank or tobacconists just the run of the mill house for instance.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

arf, no we dont charge for keyholder changes, i also know that some companies prefer to let the client do this direct with the arc.

Assuming non police response (and as your comparing a dialler), you get extended format (ie user name, circuit name, everything) reported to the arc. Daily test calls to prove the path is operational, huge keyholder lists if required, A human to speak to when it really matters for ALL the info on the alarm event/s, etc etc. This CAN be done for less than £1 a week, some a lot less some more etc. So for something like 10-20p a day you telling me a dialler is acceptable for anything but the lowest of low risk? How many times has a dialler failed to operate when it was needed due to lightening, bb being fitted, all numbers wrong, bill not paid, diy disconnecting tel line to dialler. All these things would show up within 24 hours on a digi.

When you can lose this level work over a rennet, quid a week is 52 quid. I used custodian and chubb and ADT, non would take instruction from the client. I was told it's against their regs. Not going to fight that one.

James stop paddling :),

Voice coms can be tested from within the menu, again as many times a day the client see fit. The system has line fault detection to aid in this area so tbh it's a weak argument about return signal as the line can go at any moment.

Be serious, very few would need or even ask for a 30 + strong key holder lists on a system not requiring police response now would they? and those rare ones that did can still do what you d, just 999 in a 1000 would not need to.

Arfur

When you can lose this level work over a rennet, quid a week is 52 quid. I used custodian and chubb and ADT, non would take instruction from the client. I was told it's against their regs. Not going to fight that one.

James stop paddling :),

Voice coms can be tested from within the menu, again as many times a day the client see fit. The system has line fault detection to aid in this area so tbh it's a weak argument about return signal as the line can go at any moment.

Be serious, very few would need or even ask for a 30 + strong key holder lists on a system not requiring police response now would they? and those rare ones that did can still do what you d, just 999 in a 1000 would not need to.

Arfur

Arf, your wrong on this plain and simple. I used that figure as an example. Ours is considerably less for a 'dialler' type system.

Diallers are a recipe for disaster, even those that moved to sms as an alternative to offer some of what a digi offers are now finding out how bad that service is.

Im sure you fit diallers, im sure your very happy with them... and i can agree they have a place for unimportant signalling. I dont think an alarm is that place. You obviously are not alone in your opinion due to the vast amount of diallers sold. But for £30+ a year a speech dialler cant compete with the security of a digi.

I also accept your argument on the fact a dialler can be tested and if it was tested every day then id see that as a better system. As it is they are not, they only find out it isnt working on thr annual service or after a breakin and it didnt work.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i don't like diallers arf, they will never be as good as a digi.

It doesn't happen, they can have many keyholders, so don't tend to need to change them. We would change them aslong as it was emailed or faxed.

Think we can accept it don't happen often, we re talking low level signalling, clients chose their level if 'fear' we advise accordingly

but when it doe's can be at very inconvenient times to us as well as them. 9-5 no problem, out of office hours let's say someone forgot to update on Xmas eve, will every one have a guy available to log in to arc? Will you do so if not on contract and then for free?

Against a 'free' vocom on outright sale it is a lot more expensive because if the contract as well as ARC costs.

Has to match the individual obviously, but say a 4/5 zone house can serve as vfm.

Arfur

Think we can accept it don't happen often, we re talking low level signalling, clients chose their level if 'fear' we advise accordingly

but when it doe's can be at very inconvenient times to us as well as them. 9-5 no problem, out of office hours let's say someone forgot to update on Xmas eve, will every one have a guy available to log in to arc? Will you do so if not on contract and for free?

Against a 'free' vocom on outright sale it us a lot more expensive because if the contract as well as ARC costs

Has to match the indebdual obviously, but a 5 zone house can serve as vfm.

Arfur

Not on cantract gets nothing out of hours and a maybe when we get time in hours....

but when it doe's can be at very inconvenient times to us as well as them. 9-5 no problem, out of office hours let's say someone forgot to update on Xmas eve, will every one have a guy available to log in to arc? Will you do so if not on contract and for free?

How can they not be on contract if they have a digi?????

Who ever is on call has access to our customer DB, remote ARC log in and UDL to panels.

Archived