Security Installer Community

Backlit Bellboxes Again

james.wilson

Arf, your wrong on this plain and simple. I used that figure as an example. Ours is considerably less for a 'dialler' type system.

Diallers are a recipe for disaster, even those that moved to sms as an alternative to offer some of what a digi offers are now finding out how bad that service is.

Im sure you fit diallers, im sure your very happy with them... and i can agree they have a place for unimportant signalling. I dont think an alarm is that place. You obviously are not alone in your opinion due to the vast amount of diallers sold. But for £30+ a year a speech dialler cant compete with the security of a digi.

I also accept your argument on the fact a dialler can be tested and if it was tested every day then id see that as a better system. As it is they are not, they only find out it isnt working on thr annual service or after a breakin and it didnt work.

Is that £30 r&m? No, it's signalling + service contract, so how much is that together then? while i advise regular visits, as you know I don't tie them to use me, I allow free choice. Some like some don't that's the way of the world.

Just claim anything us any where near the cost if a vocom and call ME obviouly mistaken

Break-in's as reasoning for this level is using fear tactics to sell the idea - plain and simple.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

how frequent the polling on your digi's?

cos if its the only path and arc dont know for 15mins the place could be cleared out by then so no real advantage over dialler if burglar bill knows whats it about..

(ok just making a point :) )

Id agree its no replacement for dual path signalling, but what im saying is why use something that was designed as sn affordable solution when basic digis were expensive. Now they are affordable i see the dialler as more neiche

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

how frequent the polling on your digi's?

cos if its the only path and arc dont know for 15mins the place could be cleared out by then so no real advantage over dialler if burglar bill knows whats it about..

(ok just making a point :) )

I don't fit them alot tbh, cheap enough to put a dualcom in. Then again i don't do keyholder only digis, all have URNs.

How can they not be on contract if they have a digi?????

Who ever is on call has access to our customer DB, remote ARC log in and UDL to panels.

exactely my point - you are on contract or no digi, (thats not any sort of critasism).

thay have to have a contract which costs a set anual fee, which won't be just monioring it wil be for 24 hour service and 1x PMV,

why i say alternatives to Voice Dialer are not cheap in comparrison, while the Digi monitoring is cheaper than dual comms and then GSM/Red Care.

look at it this way (everyone), i don't ever buy extended insurances on elctrical items,ow thats my wn fully cincious choice and i accept the risks of a washing machine, 100" flat screen (well i wished :) ) completely failing over shortly after warrenty expires, so don't see why should it be any diferent to choose what i or anyone wants to do with an alarm system (if not insurrance driven)?

if you are protecting a jewellers or higher risk site obvious better monitoring is needed, but look at the simple domestic where these would be used against nothing but irens, even if they have GSM/Red Care on a one bed Lo rent flat, they are not guarenteed (lets be honest let alone likely) to get a Police Response within an effective time span to catch the inruder,

be honest, how often the 'Police Response' is just a well maning Community Support Officer' with a giant pad of 'Victim Support' forms turns up? hardly enspiring.

the Voice Dialler can serve to pre warn the owner of a possible problem, and at least making it less likely the client will walk in unprepared for the serious shock of a distructive burgalry.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

exactely my point - you are on contract or no digi, (thats not any sort of critasism).

thay have to have a contract which costs a set anual fee, which won't be just monioring it wil be for 24 hour service and 1x PMV,

why i say alternatives to Voice Dialer are not cheap in comparrison, while the Digi monitoring is cheaper than dual comms and then GSM/Red Care.

look at it this way (everyone), i don't ever buy extended insurances on elctrical items,ow thats my wn fully cincious choice and i accept the risks of a washing machine, 100" flat screen (well i wished :) ) completely failing over shortly after warrenty expires, so don't see why should it be any diferent to choose what i or anyone wants to do with an alarm system (if not insurrance driven)?

if you are protecting a jewellers or higher risk site obvious better monitoring is needed, but look at the simple domestic where these would be used against nothing but irens, even if they have GSM/Red Care on a one bed Lo rent flat, they are not guarenteed (lets be honest let alone likely) to get a Police Response within an effective time span to catch the inruder,

be honest, how often the 'Police Response' is just a well maning Community Support Officer' with a giant pad of 'Victim Support' forms turns up? hardly enspiring.

the Voice Dialler can serve to pre warn the owner of a possible problem, and at least making it less likely the client will walk in unprepared for the serious shock of a distructive burgalry.

Arfur

Clarified enough?

Archived