Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

Not really, Silver has the same audits as Gold, only difference is they do not use ISO.

They still do all the stats for FA management ect.

"...............and the requirements not so stringent."

so why don'y they just say it like it IS for once! ranting.gif

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Well the last lot I worked for were Gold before they were bought out by Certes then bought out by ADT.

After the time period set from a buy out they started doing Alarms again. They (we) still used the same paperwork as before, worked to the same set of rules as set out in the ISO from previous.

So I cannot see any differences being Silver TBH. We did the same audits on installations. Took all the correct readings. Did RA`s the whole lot. I can only see the main difference being the lack of ISO.

Perhaps we were so used to the procedures we just kept to them.

oxo

it appears from the nsi quote that on at least 1 thing (exc ISO) the rules are less, to use their words, stringent.

It makes more sense for it to be similar to the ssaib as many people on here have commented that gold rules are not relevant to the smaller company.

does anybody have a list of the differences?

1) GOLD

2) Silver

3) 1 - 2 = hmm.gifarmy kackie colour maybe?

Arfur

I can only see the main difference being the lack of ISO.

the use of "subcontractors" IS different so I`m with James, one wonders just what the other differences are.

might have to buy the books and see ........

Although you stated that your words did not form a complaint, they have not been taken lightly, are being considered, and deserve a response.

** Surveying, Designing, Specifying, and Pre-Contract Negotiations

These tasks (on site) are restricted to the staff personnel (proprietors, directors and PAYE employees) of the Systems Silver Approved Company (or of some other Systems Silver Approved Company).

(For the purposes of this requirement “site” means the location or premises supervised (or to be supervised) by the security system (or proposed security system), or other location or premises occupied by the customer or prospective customer.)

i note the word 'suitable' here, while you/i would make darn sure they were up to scratch and honest, it leaves the door open way to much of a crack to abuse imo

Arfur

(very overly underwhelmed!)

Suitable? they have to be an employee or a director, not a suitable Sub contractor

Having read the NSI responce my first impression is dissapointment.

Im not sure why? They have stated the rules and the way I read them Direct Response is still in breach of them

Semantics again Pete. No different to using WILL.

I wasnt referring to your cryptic crossword clue Andrew, if the person offering the service have no control over the the service they are offering then it stands to reason they cant guarantee the service they are offering, as they are reliant on sources that are beyond their control.

qfa

Clearly the ISO is the difference, if i'm honest i don't think i'd stay SSAIB if/when we do ISO.

I think it comes down to the company, the company i used to work for got ISO half way through my employment, and tbh it was just the same crappy installs with new paperwork and numbered ladders & vans.

Having read the NSI responce my first impression is dissapointment.

i thought NSI silver was similar to the old NACOSS before ISO approval. My mistake. It seems Silver is nothing more than SSAIB in a lot of ways.

Wounded!

Not really, Silver has the same audits as Gold, only difference is they do not use ISO.

They still do all the stats for FA management ect.

So do SSAIB, what do you lot think SSAIB check lol?

Suitable? they have to be an employee or a director, not a suitable Sub contractor

Ho Peter,

The Company is allowed to use sub-contract personnel, provided that final inspection and handover to the customer are carried out by a member of staff (proprietors, directors and PAYE employees) of the Systems Silver Approved Company (or of some other Systems Silver Approved Company), or by an established and long-standing sub-contract person having knowledge and experience of the Company’s standards, procedures, practices etc, and whose work is routinely subject to documented internal audit by the Company.

** Maintenance

The Company is allowed to use any suitable sub-contract person for carrying out maintenance activities, provided that he or she is an established and long- standing sub-contract person having knowledge and experience of the Company’s standards, procedures, practices etc, and whose work is routinely subject to documented internal audit by the Company.”

was what i'm referring to, suitable in this context is far to wide a reference imo.

(or of some other Systems Silver Approved Company)

that bit just fascinates me, while i'm sure many stay Silver for there own very valid reasons, others just coming into the scheme after a very short trading periodwill have little or no experience, yet another inexperienced company could still use them :o, it realyy could be the blind leading the blind, even granted both Silvers working with all best intentions.

would it not be better to insist on a Gold Co employee from perhaps a buddie company to help improve the Silvers standards along the way?

Arfur

the use of "subcontractors" IS different so I`m with James, one wonders just what the other differences are.

might have to buy the books and see ........

:hmm: perhaps the level of ongoing staff/engineer training for Golds more stringent?

just thinking of the inference a general member of the public might assume i.e. bit like cars. naturally aspirated or Turbo being the quicker version.

Arfur

//Arf just can't quite see how it would make Police response any quicker -or the siren sound any faster :whistle: .//

I wasnt referring to your cryptic crossword clue Andrew, if the person offering the service have no control over the the service they are offering then it stands to reason they cant guarantee the service they are offering, as they are reliant on sources that are beyond their control.

Nothing Cryptic Pete. By definition, the use of 'will' is equally misleading as the above argument shows.

Archived