Security Installer Community

Graded Door Contacts

Is it time to retire the reed?

With the cost of rfid would that not be better. And with oip would allow substitution reporting programming etc.

My thoughts on the retention of the metal link tamper are also well known BUT. i opened a traditional humble 6 way Joint Box the other day and to my pleasant surprise these are now G3.

I was using this for a door loop on access control.

Customers!

you could have at least lined up the screw heads.

not poss after hammering home screws

thought you could get shock c/w contact ?

dont use cos both on same zone & dont like magnet- sticky out too far so liable for a bash.

i have no issue about subject being moved to trade,

didnt mean move thread, meant i posted piccy in trade awhile back on how to prevent removal/tamp of lock and prefer it not posted in public.

not poss after hammering home screws

dont use cos both on same zone & dont like magnet- sticky out too far so liable for a bash.

didnt mean move thread, meant i posted piccy in trade awhile back on how to prevent removal/tamp of lock and prefer it not posted in public.

Too much stuff on the web already on how to pick locks etc.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

[/quoted]

And theres me, thought you were smacking my wrist - big boy ;)

I looked for the posts did not find it, thought you had only just posted it tbh :)

Be interested if you can link

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I looked for the posts did not find it, thought you had only just posted it tbh :)

Be interested if you can link

Arfur

posted while back as answer to prob james mentioned (re jigsaws, & search only gave pre 2010)

just spent 1/2 hour looking through me old posts, hadnt realised i talk so much tosh.

I'll have another dig around if not will post new thread with piccy (dig around for that then too)

must luv you arf, or need to get a life, took yet another 1/2 hour

http://www.thesecuri...elmdene__st__20

(just remembered ias asked abt j/bs in thread)

thanks mr P.,

i prommise to will you a spare rusty tin of Ovaltine ;) and i love you to :).

i won't say more here (public) to preserve your confidence.

nice solution, with my comments i was thinking more about timber doors being more common in warehouses.

Arfur

i was thinking more about timber doors being more common in warehouses.

dem big rattling types? yep they're a pain, but tend to fit roller contacts on them, with pir to cover (as you intimated) and try to find alternative e/e point so lock not part of system.

went to look at airfield today, got few hangers to cover. main e/e reckon might have to be huge great concertina type steel door. aint sussed it yet, but contacts of some description will be involved, just hoping can get away with g2 at the mo. as for locks -jez..

dem big rattling types? yep they're a pain, but tend to fit roller contacts on them, with pir to cover (as you intimated) and try to find alternative e/e point so lock not part of system.

went to look at airfield today, got few hangers to cover. main e/e reckon might have to be huge great concertina type steel door. aint sussed it yet, but contacts of some description will be involved, just hoping can get away with g2 at the mo. as for locks -jez..

on large sliders i used to use thick 'whirly gig' cable, over time that wil fail.

think today (if G2) i'd concider using wireless for the shutters.

also strongly recommend concidering Risco's WatchIn detectors, dam things have are near bulletproof reliabilty in harsh enviorments, they do a wired dual tec G3 version, bit limited in range only downer.

Arfur

Arfur

Archived