Security Installer Community

Graded Door Contacts

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

out of interest, how many wholesalers stock risco?

afaik direct sales only, i.e. they don't sell through any wholesalers.

Arfur

Was`nt thinking there when you posted that were you.

Sorry Oxo i must be having a senior moment, re-read it several times now and just don't get what you mean?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Sorry Oxo i must be having a senior moment, re-read it several times now and just don't get what you mean?

Arfur

Saying life of a battery could be 4.5 weeks to 4.5 years.

And?

Like commented no minimum stated.

Bit like you see signs in junk mail with a very small 'from', you have to buy I'n massive quantity to get it.

I lived through those early prommisses of 18 months from a duracell pp3's by a wel known maker, lucky to get 2 months :(

Perhaps we should ask THEM how to test batteries - as they seem very confident ;)

Arfur

Point was,which you evaded/missed is your fail proof method of life remaining.

Now I`m too tired and sore for a blown out argument and as you have noticed I do still look at your remarks even when your on ignore. From others quoting you in their replies.

And that way appreciate your kind words on my operation. You can and probably always will fight tooth and nail for something forgotten and obsolete

for today's "engineers".

This is where I believe the arguments arise, we all progress and think back. Lets really think back, hard. Was it better? No.

Harder yes.

Sorry posts might get silly if this one isnt the Tramadol just kicked in.

My point is your not always right defending your ideas, things change and differ.

Point was,which you evaded/missed is your fail proof method of life remaining.

(i'm not the maker - it is there claim - our debate was about testing and assessing NP rechargeables - you might notice a vey slight difference i wouild think).

Now I`m too tired and sore for a blown out argument and as you have noticed I do still look at your remarks even when your on ignore. From others quoting you in their replies.

And that way appreciate your kind words on my operation. You can and probably always will fight tooth and nail for something forgotten and obsolete

for today's "engineers".

what have i forgtten? this is the makers claim

This is where I believe the arguments arise, we all progress and think back. Lets really think back, hard. Was it better? No.

Harder yes.

have to agree but bac then i think it was more of a real trade than a panel changers job.

Sorry posts might get silly if this one isnt the Tramadol just kicked in.

you offering some ? ;)

My point is your not always right defending your ideas, things change and differ.

i'm not in any way sure why i am in trouble again here :unsure: .

who is deffending anything? i simply pointed out the makers have no mnimum battery life mentioned, please note in my earlier post i also stated Risco clearly suggest 3 - 5 years as a comparrison.

i'm not remenising about the good old days, as later post i did not say older wireless was better but if you read properly, i actually indicated it was way worse having been fed false prommisses by that earlier makers reps,

so i'm not being combative or obstinate - really don't know what i'm doing 'wrong' other making an observation?

the remark about battery testing was tongue in cheek mate (indicated by the 'wink'), as in you tetchy old git ;).

Arfur

don't want to deflect back to that, tbh i think we did the thing to death.

we both have our strong opinions, so can be freinds while accepting we have a right to our own separate points of view?

Arfur.

Problem with long loops is when they fault, even using that black curly lead designed for machinery.

Old days we used to use a plug and socket, close door insert plug in the way if door opens it pulled out plug, there was also a contact on the door, and if fitted a contact on wicket gate all fed by the plug and socket. Double pole but obviously not 24 hr tampered.

I suppose today using a shunt box to bypass the tamper it could still be done, not sure if regs would be happy - one for James mrethinks ;).

Arfur

Still say forget loops. As RF is probably being used do it that way. Less to go wrong IMHO.

tbh I'd be with you, G3 possibly is the problem.

I wonder how rubust wireless would be, never tried it in what would be a pretty hostile siuation just due to the shuttr vibration alone.

could be a problem with batteries losing connection intermittently.

Arfur

Archived