Security Installer Community

Graded Door Contacts

approved has nothing to do with it, it`s because they are rough as a badgers bits ..............

No argument there, half of them would'nt know a G2 contact if it came up & bit them in the A**

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Is it time to retire the reed?

With the cost of rfid would that not be better. And with oip would allow substitution reporting programming etc.

Hi James,

Without giving too many secrets away, we considered rfid, but when the price implications were mentioned to people it became clear that it was a risky option to try.

Its not totally out of the question, but I won't go into too much detail as there is one possible application which it might work on and this is a public forum ! :)

(e-mail me, my e-mail is opem, and I'll explain)

For now the new ranges seem to be doing the trick, certainly based on the thousands of G3 units which are going out of the door.

Following on from an old topic (that i cant find lol)

Are you still experiencing issues with Door contacts and if so what and whos.

We currently use elmdene for G2 + G3 but I am thinking of trialling the knight plastic G2. I cant use them on G3 as they are not immune to external magnets etc. But they look better (aesthetically) than the elmdene units.

James

Hi James,

I think the original was here.

think more to do with aeshetics now, industrial can get away with. been fitting large surface elmdenes to residential metal clad doors where cant do quickfits.

contacts are the biggest ag where presentation is important esp if added viper involved. there must be better options.

Hello Tim,

We were using your contacts at one time via Risco, however we changed to CQR due to faulty units. We still use your PA's, including the new shape stainless steel and the standard plastic G3's.

The main faults were the newer G2 contact with built in resistors, the one that is 'forced' into the old 5 terminal housing.

We had everything from dry joints to broken reeds, i would be interested to know how they are going now and what other options you offer.

i would be interested to know how they are going now and what other options you offer.

running through the translator....
i would be interested to know how they are going now and what sweeteners you offer to get our business back.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

We are based in Wigan and we used your grade 3 contacts for the 1st time on a store in Gateshead, within 6 months every one went Hi-Res costing us around £500.00 in callouts. We soon swapped to CQR.

But on a plus note we now use your grade 2 contacts that are the same size as the old grade one surface contacts and find them ok for now..

We are based in Wigan and we used your grade 3 contacts for the 1st time on a store in Gateshead, within 6 months every one went Hi-Res costing us around £500.00 in callouts. We soon swapped to CQR.

But on a plus note we now use your grade 2 contacts that are the same size as the old grade one surface contacts and find them ok for now..

you don't like CQRs small G2's then?

Archived