Security Installer Community

Graded Door Contacts

as for locks -jez..

Without seeing the shutter doors, how about Hook Bolts? Self guiding pin when shutting door/shutter/slider delete as ness.

Chubb do one you can get a micro switch in with some effort. Older detainer range as opposed to lever locks.

In fact thinking about it the "viper" range of mortise lock should suit, To BS and EN lock standards and has a WAIT FOR IT plug in module on the back of the lockcase with a NO and NC switch! ( Switch sits inside lock)Clicky

Top kit for a lock as it happens.

Without seeing the shutter doors, how about Hook Bolts? Self guiding pin when shutting door/shutter/slider delete as ness.

Chubb do one you can get a micro switch in with some effort. Older detainer range as opposed to lever locks.

In fact thinking about it the "viper" range of mortise lock should suit, To BS and EN lock standards and has a WAIT FOR IT plug in module on the back of the lockcase with a NO and NC switch! ( Switch sits inside lock)Clicky

Top kit for a lock as it happens.

thats an interesting device,

looking at the picture thinki i'd go with your hook bolts idea personally, i'd be perhaps overly worried the sever clattering that most shutters get and give to locking devices, especially when the sliders get a bit naff.

do you think that lock is robust enough for that sort of punishment?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

If you look thats a EURO PROFILE lock. What sliders?

Also most shutters run into a guide of some sort when closed so the locking rail should be stable. Along with the homing pin to not only stop lateral but vertical movement.

some good advice here guys thanks.

unfortunately dont have any piccys & its public. if/when i get some will start topic in trade.

tbo as the sliding shutters open wide enough for aeroplane to go through will proberbly stear me down the "lets make another entrance" route. (getting cable to lock etc?)

one of the other hangers aint got any doors lol. shame cant post ra, makes interesting reading lol.

If you look thats a EURO PROFILE lock. What sliders?

Also most shutters run into a guide of some sort when closed so the locking rail should be stable. Along with the homing pin to not only stop lateral but vertical movement.

shutters can be roller or slide concertiner ;) .

i took it from H's description of very large, would likely be dual sliding concertina's than one large roller, always an issue if they get mistreated, then the locks suffer from more abuse while being forced to secure. that impacts on the contacts (which was h's original quiery).

i do like the facility for he micro switch, and agree about the guide bolt i'd say a must if thats his remit, or insist on it,

tbh did not realise you meant to fit both devices - why i asked, so don't you go pointing you gammy leg at me young man, or you will be forced to resite my blogg - backards :cold2:

:P

Arfur

some good advice here guys thanks.

unfortunately dont have any piccys & its public. if/when i get some will start topic in trade.

tbo as the sliding shutters open wide enough for aeroplane to go through will proberbly stear me down the "lets make another entrance" route. (getting cable to lock etc?)

one of the other hangers aint got any doors lol. shame cant post ra, makes interesting reading lol.

are you down to actualy arrange to secure the shutters with locks, or just advising?

Arfur

are you down to actualy arrange to secure the shutters with locks, or just advising?

Arfur

Just pricing to sort their "security". As with other work we've done for the landlord's insurers, we dont just stick to 1 aspect, but offer full security spec. down to all concerned to haggle.

shutters can be roller or slide concertiner ;) .

i took it from H's description of very large, would likely be dual sliding concertina's than one large roller, always an issue if they get mistreated, then the locks suffer from more abuse while being forced to secure. that impacts on the contacts (which was h's original quiery). Drop bolt on 1st closing leaf helps

i do like the facility for he micro switch, and agree about the guide bolt i'd say a must if thats his remit, or insist on it, Look at the picture the guide pin/bolt is integral

tbh did not realise you meant to fit both devices - why i asked, so don't you go pointing you gammy leg at me young man, or you will be forced to resite my blogg - backards :cold2:

:P

Arfur

this sliding shuter thing,

i remember seeing somewhere one double slider with indevidual door loops attached to each inner fold, must have take an age but pretty reliable solution i'd have thought for getting cable to the lock.

made me think alternatively perhaps to use copex anchored to each fold, fixings off set so the copex bends dont bind on each other when openned.

just an idea to ponder.

Arfur

Think out of the zone (sic). Lock wired to RF transmitter. Portal,Node/wotever close to shutter as possible, maybe even above the height of the shutter /door.

Now thats got to be reliable and easy to fit!!!

Archived