Security Installer Community

Graded Door Contacts

Following on from an old topic (that i cant find lol)

Are you still experiencing issues with Door contacts and if so what and whos.

We currently use elmdene for G2 + G3 but I am thinking of trialling the knight plastic G2. I cant use them on G3 as they are not immune to external magnets etc. But they look better (aesthetically) than the elmdene units.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following on from an old topic (that i cant find lol)

Are you still experiencing issues with Door contacts and if so what and whos.

We currently use elmdene for G2 + G3 but I am thinking of trialling the knight plastic G2. I cant use them on G3 as they are not immune to external magnets etc. But they look better (aesthetically) than the elmdene units.

James

Which model of the knights? We had lots! of problems with them. We used to use them via Risco, i think we are cqr everything now. We use the small 5 terminal type G2 from CQR for domestics etc, and the larger G2 and G3 ones that come in the same housings.

We started using the CQR G3 roller contacts aswell.

so does it appear that the issues that used to exist with G3 contacts have been designed out?

aaron

does the non immunity of the knight G3 bother you long term or have you gone down that road as a company? ie stardardised on tampers for 'masking'

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Knight plastic YEND21

Same here. Found them very reliable.

I get the feeling that most companies in our industry (not saying guys on here)fit grade 1 contacts on grade 2 installs

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

last year i had issues with the small surface ali ones they supplied, when opened i found tamper pair just 1/2 twist no solder, caused intermittent and H/R's.

annoying thing was i used them on wooden external doors to have less chance of just such issues, got sent a another batch which were no better, reported to them they must be soldered - no further comms from them

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

yes but is that because the majoriy of installers are not approved or because people are installing and verting G2 systems using G1 contacts?

approved has nothing to do with it, it`s because they are rough as a badgers bits ..............

Archived