Security Installer Community

Need help with I on 40 with wireless window contact

43 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

assuming they are decent batteries (i dont know what your calling good ones) then you may have a device issue. 

Hi James thanks for getting back I alsi replaced the window contact with a new 1 still giving me low batt after 6 months  Di you think I need to change the battery in the main panel

Kind regards

Naeem

Agreed with James, I too dont know ion stuff but assuming its two way wireless and lithium batteries you should get 18 months minimum. Are you able to adjust the rf poling? its the only thing that could be draining the battery, but in that case I would expect them all to be coming up low battery

6 hours ago, Naeem ahmed said:

Hi I have to keep changing my wireless window battery every 6 months keeps saying battery low  I bought good ones  still every 6 months my other wireless contacts  never do that  any idear please

Kind regards

Naeem

What good batteries did you buy and from where?

Recently sub says I want to change my own batteries , I said carry on , after a few weeks of continuous tamper alarm alarms because they couldn't close covers properly, they kept getting low batteries, changed battery reset keeps coming back same problem

They bought as I suggested Duracell lithium cr123 

Another few weeks still don't want to pay me to come , so I say carry on.....

Eventually they tell me, they bought them from Amazon general supplier (china copy maybe???)

I said buy them from somewhere else see what happens 

Fault disappears and they return all the batteries bought from Amazon , woohoo 🎉

Problem here is Amazon or eBay or many places can't guarantee supply chain ?

Just a side story , where you buy your batteries from ? I don't think your sensor goes sleep either ....

Edited by al-yeti