Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9853 Tamper Message Reset

JimM

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

So? AG6 DIY and sparkie favourite... junk but available and popular.

Everyone will have their own favourite panel and bell.

If you have a sample size of 1 and it works for 10 years what's the issue...

Ag6 though one of worst in weather , and doesn't have scb 

Thanks again for the info

Jumper from TR to 0V at the panel clears the fault, tried jumpering the TR to H- (presumably this is 0V) at the bellbox and fault remains so guessing there is an issue with the cable. 

Can't be a complete break as power still getting to bellbox as when I disconnect the H+ terminal bell stops ringing.  To try and confirm that it's just an individual core (or possibly more) I intend to 'pair' the cables up at one end and test continuity at the other   - does that sound sensible?  Hopefully if it's just one core broken I think there will be a spare one I can utilise as only 5 cores out of the 6 are used.

Pyronix bell looks as good as any to me, so probably will go with one of those if needed.

Yes, and yes as a temporary fix. It's down to if there will be further damage to the wiring in the near future.

Something could be crushed or being chewed at for example.

Also consider that you need 5 cores minimum, so you will have to cross check when pairing your cores.

If it's the wiring and the bell and as important it's battery are in good working condition; there is no need to replace.

When I say cross checking multiple pairs but also open circuit between everything too.

The bell battery is a bit suspect, was surprised that with the bell box open and ringing, disconnecting the H+ lead stopped it, I assumed some sort of battery backup should have kicked in?

Didn't check to see what sort of batteries it took but will swap them out if I can.

3 hours ago, JimM said:

Thanks again for the info

Jumper from TR to 0V at the panel clears the fault, tried jumpering the TR to H- (presumably this is 0V) at the bellbox and fault remains so guessing there is an issue with the cable. 

Can't be a complete break as power still getting to bellbox as when I disconnect the H+ terminal bell stops ringing.  To try and confirm that it's just an individual core (or possibly more) I intend to 'pair' the cables up at one end and test continuity at the other   - does that sound sensible?  Hopefully if it's just one core broken I think there will be a spare one I can utilise as only 5 cores out of the 6 are used.

Pyronix bell looks as good as any to me, so probably will go with one of those if needed.

You haven't had stair carpet fitted recently have you?

AG6 proves the point of hugely popular because it was cheap.

Low cost stuff always sells better than premium regardless of the quality.

I personally wouldnt go for a pyronix bell but again pyronix is popular...

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.